The Writer works to craft compelling, interactive narrative stories in an episodic format and other game formats as needed. The Writer is responsible for translating the creative vision of a project and matching the tone set by the Lead Writer through episode outlines and scripts as assigned. They receive feedback and incorporate writing notes that meet delivery deadlines. The Writer collaborates with other writers by participating in breakout discussions, contributing ideas and pitches in project writers rooms, and providing written and oral feedback on colleagues’ work. They also update supporting story materials such as season boards, and story bibles, taking notes and collating as needed. The Writer collaborates across disciplines to identify and deliver writing needs, even after delivery of the final game script.
- Writes dialogue and scenes as assigned with potential to lead episode writing.
- Matches the tone set by a lead writer.
- Contributes ideas and pitches in writers’ rooms.
- Delivers key deliverables on deadline including: season outline, episode outline, episode drafts and final drafts.
- Offers support to Junior Writers when they need guidance. Can review Junior Writer’s work for initial feedback ahead of Lead review.
- Writes character breakdowns for casting and art teams.
- Provides coverage in VO sessions with actors, providing story context and editing dialogue in the booth as needed.
- Participates in script playtest feedback reviews.
- Participates in cinematic reviews as required.
- Takes and collates notes from writers rooms and discussion as needed.
- Collaborates across disciplines to identify and deliver writing needs.
- Contributes meaningfully in writers rooms and break out discussions and stays actively engaged in conversation.
- Meets writing deadlines and writes within scope.
- Stays current on games, film and tv. Watches/plays reference material.
- Ability to give and take criticism in a professional manner.
- Positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to participate in a collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of interactive narrative games
- Strong ear for dialogue
- Experience working remotely