Work with customers, business analysts, and team members to analyze business requirements; provde technical specifications; and document architectural design changes for solutions that are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization’s architectural standards. Involved in all phases of the full systems life cycle. Responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting Powerstream software and infrastructure.
- Coding: Independently develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and install complex software programs. Applies structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Use extensive knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Participates in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Develops unit test and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion and parallel tests; develops system test data and performs system tests. Assists quality assurance testing teams with testing plans.
- Analysis/Design: Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications.
- Technical Support: Research and resolve complex programming issues and implement longer term solutions to frequently occurring issues.
- Documentation: Develop program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions.
- Communication: Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation.
- Planning: Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
- Mentoring: Takes responsibility for personal technical and professional growth. Assists junior level developers with department procedures, environment, and tools, utilities and development standards and protocols.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the information technology environment/infrastructure and be able to identify and resolve complex challenges associated with the work.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the full range of customer information/data management systems and related processes and protocols.
- Must be able to effectively analyze and solve the more difficult and complex work related problems by using past experience, research, and best practice information.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand. Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Must have experience working with Powerstream workflow and understand how Powerstream supports application development’s integration with print and electronic communication generation and delivery.