Splunk is here to build a safer and more resilient digital world. The world’s leading enterprises use our unified security and observability platform to keep their digital systems secure and reliable. While customers love our technology, it’s our people that make Splunk stand out as an amazing career destination and why we’ve won so many awards as a best place to work. If you become a Splunker, we want your whole, authentic self, what we call your "million data points". So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you.
The Core People Technology team at Splunk is looking for a Workday Integration Developer to join our growing team. The position includes design, development, testing and deployment of various types of integrations using Workday Studio, Core Connectors, and Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB). This role will also be involved in the build, testing and deployment of Workday Extend apps.. The Workday Developer will partner closely with stakeholders across the organization to produce scalable and efficient solutions that can grow with the business. The ideal candidate is highly self-sufficient, possesses strong communication skills, and can drive high quality results.
What you’ll get to do
- Create technical design specs , perform unit & system Integration test, deploy and support of all Workday integrations
- Configure and develop technical integrations using Workday Studio, Workday RaaS Integrations, Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Complex Calculated Fields, Web Services, Workday Custom Reports, Web Services, XSLT, etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess and document requirements, develop design recommendations, and define functional specifications
- Manage Workday Integration analysis, system configurations, and deployment to production
- Monitor and maintain interfaces between Workday and internal/external vendors
- Participate in Workday semi-yearly release reviews and testing by identifying impact/enhancement opportunities associated with new release features/functionality
- Provide production support for incident management and integration monitoring as needed
- 8+ years’ of software development experience
- 3+ years’ Workday HCM experience, report writing and integrations
- 1+ years experience with building and maintaining Workday Extend applications
- Experience with highly complex integrations preferably between HR, Payroll, and Benefits Partners using Workday tools
We’ve taken special care to separate the must-have qualifications from the nice-to-haves. “Nice-to-have” means just that: Nice. To. Have. So, don’t worry if you can’t check off every box. We’re not hiring a list of bullet points–we’re interested in the whole you.
- Good knowledge of HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, Talent Management, Time Tracking, Absence Management, Security Administration and Business Process Configuration
- Strong working knowledge of Workday Studio Development.
- Strong working knowledge of Workday EIB, RaaS, and Web Services.
- Strong working knowledge of SOAP, REST, XML and XSLT, Java
- Strong working knowledge of BIRT preferred
- Workday integrations experience required with a good understanding of integration design and testing concepts and integration frameworks (e.g., middleware, transformation logic)
- Data conversion concepts and impacts on business processes (such as Workday iLoads)
- Knowledge of all phases of system development life cycle, including production support
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.