As a WordPress Developer, you’re responsible for Making Stuff Go. You will build infrastructure to create new features, improve existing code, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
We are looking for an experienced frontend and backend developer that is already actively involved with WordPress plugin development and has proficiency in VueJS. You’ll help design new features, write/rewrite code, and tackle complex challenges at scale. You will also regularly conduct code reviews and mentor your peers.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :)
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through from conception to completion. Our developers "own" features/tasks and are responsible for scoping, development, and testing.
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done - with attention to detail.
- You are comfortable giving critical feedback to peers (in a respectful and productive manner) and also don’t take feedback given personally.
- You’re happy jumping between front-end and back-end development tasks or tackling tasks that require both.
- You’re happy working on tasks of all sizes - from small bug fixes and enhancements to large features/rewrites.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Triaging bugs and enhancements that come into GitHub.
- Scoping, writing, and testing new product features and addons.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video.
- Supervising other developers; providing feedback, giving peer reviews (PRs), and managing deadlines.
- Managing sprints and product releases.
- Professional experience with WordPress plugin development, architecture, and standards (WordPress theme experience is great, but alone is insufficient).
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices (OOP, autoloading, namespacing, traits, interfaces, etc).
- Deep experience with build tools like Gulp and Webpack and package managers like Composer and NPM.
- Experience working with third-party APIs (Eg, Google Analytics, Stripe, Drip, Zapier, etc).
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly - done is better than perfect.
- Ability to keep complex ideas and features simple. (Simplicity is a core value!)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours of 9 am - 5 pm EST.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Experience with e-commerce platforms or related APIs (Easy Digital Downloads, WooCommerce, Stripe, PayPal, etc).
- Experience with DevOps or infrastructure management.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are not only challenging but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment for all full-time team members during their employment.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out worldwide – the United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for a vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Holidays (based on your location)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Additional Perks include AM Welcome Box for new team members, Yearly Anniversary Gifts, and Technology Stipend for each work anniversary.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience with WordPress plugin development.
- What is your favorite WordPress hook/function, and why.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc, are very helpful.
- Profile links with code samples (GitHub, GitLab, WordPress.org, etc).
- Other profile links, if available (Your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Also, note don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to respond individually to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!