Lava is building decentralized blockchain infrastructure because we believe blockchain data should be accurate and access to this data should be scalable, private, and uncensored. Although we’re a startup still in stealth-mode, we are already backed by some of the top crypto-native venture capital funds and angel investors.
With a deep technical background in cybersecurity, we have extensive experience in finding, exploiting, or patching digital vulnerabilities. As a team we are accomplished founders, CTOs, engineers, and business people inspired to support the creativity blockchains are unlocking and its future applications.
Lava is remote-first with team members from across the world.
Where we need help:
Lava is looking for an experienced social media manager to oversee all of our social media channels and experimentation. Social is a key part of any web3 project’s strategy and is the primary channel for top of funnel growth. You will join a small but dynamic marketing team and have high autonomy to innovate and create impact at Lava.
You will be on top of algorithm changes, be familiar with the Web3 space and have a passion for building the growing Lava community. The ideal candidate is seasoned creating memes and ready to jump into a fast-paced startup environment. This role will report to the marketing and community team lead.
- Flexibly manage Lava’s day-to-day presence across social media accounts across platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn + web3 native platforms)
- Design, execute and optimize social media campaigns to grow awareness and fill the next stages of the funnel
- Write engaging and often technical content which delivers value to both our developer audience and node runner audience
- Support with product launches across social accounts by designing assets, content and campaigns to increase reach and engagement
- Conduct regular competitor analysis into the strategies of relevant projects
- Engage followers in our Discord and plan community engagement campaigns
- Ghostwrite for accounts of senior executives at Lava
- Social media analytics and reporting - share a monthly report with the team
- Community management - actively monitor and respond to DMs and tags, etc.
- Work closely with design teams to produce any necessary assets
- Innovate and offer new ideas to elevate social media presence
- Proven experience as a social media manager, especially experience growing reach and engagement for a developer tooling or infra project
- Knowledge of Web3 and cultural trends, especially in Cosmos
- Experience with social media management tools like SocialSprout
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proactive with excellent work ethic
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes
- Positive attitude and team player is a must
- 2-5 years of experience
- Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Openness to criticism and ideas: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Organization and Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. focuses on key priorities.
- Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Creativity/Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.**
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjust quickly to changing priorities & conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication in English: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately in English
About our Culture:
We are passionate about what we’re doing and our distributed global team is already working well together from 14 different countries. We feel our shared values are the secret to our energized culture.
- We are learning and unafraid of asking basic questions
- We each take the initiative, we are capable and reliable
- We respect each other’s time because it is valuable
- We choose our battles
- Feedback delivered with kindness is great, even if difficult to say or hear
- We listen with the intent to understand and change our mind
- We pick up the phone to resolve friction
- We take ownership of misses and direct praise to the team
- We choose joy to increase positivity
If you and your peers agree we’re describing you, and our beliefs and values resonate, please introduce yourself by applying!