As UX/UI Designer, you will be a critical member of the fast-growing Cell-Ed team, connecting vulnerable populations to the skills, information, and resources needed to improve their lives. Cell-Ed offers on-the-go learning and live coaching on any mobile device (including basic phones). No Internet or smart phone required!
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer who is passionate about user experience in mobile friendly applications for adult learning and turning ideas into life that the engineering team can implement. This role will help develop and implement assets to be used in our different platforms, such as the web app and the learning management system.
We are looking for go-getters who are comfortable rolling up their sleeves to get things done. Come as you are! We are seeking talented humans from all walks of life who support our mission to serve our learners in a safe and emoji-filled remote work environment.
This role is 100% remote with the flexibility to work anywhere in the U.S. All roles require access to a computer and Internet.
- UX/UI expert, collaborating with product team to deliver intuitive solutions to solve tough experience challenges
- Embrace feedback driven design to iterate wireframes, prototypes and mockups
- Manage and create brand and component design systems to effectively and efficiently implement brand guidelines
- Create accessible and efficient interfaces while advocating for the user, balancing between great design and usability
- Design with a mobile-first approach while considering all hardware and devices
- Expertise organizing disparate source materials into cohesive relevant design
- Support the creation of graphics, animations, and other interactive elements for development
- Provide design maintenance for ongoing client needs, such as websites and toolkits that require updates, enhancements, or additions
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 4 - 6 years of interaction design experience
- Expertise with Figma design tool, components, and design system libraries
- Experience with mobile application design
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong collaboration skills
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, LightRoom)
- Expertise designing wireframes and mockups
- Expertise designing and implementing high-quality WCAG/ADA/Accessibility compliant materials
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines and being able to work under timelines
- Sharp conceptual skills and the ability to take responsibility for a project from start to finish with little-to-no supervision — autonomy is a must
- An eye for compelling photography and the ability to search for that perfect image
- Sketch and Adobe XD experience is a plus
RESUME MUST LINK TO A PORTFOLIO OF YOUR WORK.
Cell-Ed offers a robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) with company match, 10 paid holidays plus our annual Cell-Ed paid R&R week from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day, 25 PTO days, an annual equipment reimbursement allotment, and growth opportunities. Our team is deeply passionate about our mission, works collaboratively, celebrates wins (personal and professional) & has FUN!
The role is a full-time permanent position. This position reports to the VP of Product and has no direct reports.
Cell-Ed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Cell-Ed is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes people of all backgrounds to apply!