Aptive Resources is seeking a User Research Expert, to be part of a team, with experience in supporting and assisting organizations’ efforts to enhance Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA) Programs.
ZTA is an enterprise cybersecurity architecture composed of Zero Trust concepts focused on component relationships, workflow planning, and access policies. This VA program aligns to the Office of Information & Technology (OIT) Vision for Digital Transformation focused on the priority of achieving operational excellence through implementing a discipline of security excellence at VA.
This role shall research project/ product users to collect and analyze data that will inform the design, development and support of the Enterprise architecture strategy. Products will be designed based on the understanding of users, the design of a research strategy and using the data to empower decisions in a data-driven way.
This position is remote or onsite at Aptive Headquarters, in Alexandria, VA with normal operating hours of 0800 – 1700 EST Monday to Friday, excluding Federal holidays.
- Provide support for ZTA Initiatives, Directives, operational directives, and Executive Orders.
- Listen to the users, gather data, and translate it into valuable information for the design team.
- Utilize UX research processes consisting of collecting, processing, analyzing data, finding weak points, suggesting ways to fix, and testing solutions with the users to get feedback.
- Tasks include defining goals, setting scope, planning, choosing the right research methods, recruiting users, communicating with them, writing research scripts, conducting the research itself (interviews, usability testing, etc.), organizing and analyzing the results, presenting reports.
- Design and execute custom research to support the objective.
- Collaborate to define intent, development, testing, and refinement of prototypes.
- Build user journeys and personas.
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including user testing, field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Synthesize quantitative data with qualitative data to help drive product and design decisions.
- Partner with design, product, and project team to understand business needs, and design appropriate research studies to generate user-focused insights.
- Assist the Government PM in scoping, preparing, assessing, risk management, decision-making strategy, and consulting on best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in User Research.
- Experience in user research techniques (usability testing, heuristic analysis, etc.)
- Knowledge of data processing software
- Experience with user research tools in areas including analytics software, documentation tools, usability testing software, and presentation tools.
- Support technical strategies that will improve productivity across functional areas within the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with IT management, software development and test teams, and infrastructure teams, and with business partners.
- Strong ‘soft skills’ – communication, empathy, critical thinking, analytical
- Experience working in a technical and business team as well as independently to achieve results.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience in communicating detailed and technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain public trust clearance.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Experience in the VA or other federal agency.
- Experience with UX tools (Google Analytics, Hotjar, Notion, G Suite, Maze, Lookback, Miro, Figma, Mural, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and work well with others.
- Ability to communicate thoughts, ideas, and solutions logically, written, graphically and orally.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services, and business transformation. We harness creativity, technology, and culture to connect people and systems to impact the world. We’re advisors, strategists, and engineers focused on people, above all else.
We believe in generating success collaboratively, leaving client organizations stronger after every engagement and building trust for the next big challenge. Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability, or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.