Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
You will play a vital role in shaping our understanding of consumers and driving the development of exceptional user experiences. You possess a strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods, along with a solid background in digital and consumer products and can leverage insights to make actionable recommendations to improve the overall digital experience. You will support the insights and research needs of the org surrounding our brands’ digital experiences. We value a diverse range of perspectives and backgrounds and are looking for a mixed methods user researcher.
We are seeking someone who is:
- Passionate about the user (at Curology, we think of the user holistically - they are also consumers, customers, patients)
- An excellent communicator
- Knowledgeable about a variety of research methods and open to learning new methods
- Committed to high-quality and rigorous research
- Comfortable in a fast-moving organization
- Team player who wants to have an outsized impact on Curology’s goals
In this role, you will:
- Plan, design, conduct end-to-end user research studies, using a wide variety of methods to evaluate and enhance the user experience of our digital and consumer products.
- Employ a variety of research methods to gather data, such as user behavior & attitudes analysis, task analysis, moderated and unmoderated interviews, to inform digital product design and development.
- Collaborate closely with UX designers, product managers, engineers, and marketing to translate research findings into actionable design recommendations and improvements.
- Create user flows, journey maps, personas, and other artifacts to effectively communicate insights and contribute to user-centered design processes.
- Experience and familiarity with A/B testing a plus
- Champion a consumer-driven mindset. Learn from our users and educate the vertical teams on what our users want. We’re focused on listening to patients and consumers and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. Our goal is to always solve problems for real consumers and customers.
- Actively take part in shaping and influencing our digital experience strategy for our brands.
- Stay informed about emerging trends, best practices, and advancements in UX research methodologies and tools.
- Champion the user experience among the teams and help solve UX challenges in a scalable way.
You will be successful if you have:
- 4+ years of in-house UX research experience.
- Knowledge of mixed-methods research (qual and quant).
- Familiar with or has a desire to learn about data manipulation and analysis using R, SPSS, SQL, or equivalent data analysis tools.
- Experience evaluating UX and sentiment in experiment frameworks
- Proficient in using various survey research platforms, data analysis tools, and remote usability research & testing platforms (i.e. usertesting.com, Typeform, Amplitude, etc.).
- Passion for understanding people and their needs.
- A user-focused product-design mentality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Can deliver complex findings in clear, succinct ways that help drive action.
- A track record of personal accountability, and a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Humility and a team-first mentality.
- Experience working on both consumer goods and direct-to-consumer businesses is a plus
- A web link or a PDF to your portfolio is nice to have but not required.
You will love working at Curology because:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees; flexible spending account; 401k; mental health & wellness programs
- $75 WFH stipend (remote employees)
- Home office setup stipend (remote employees)
- Minimum Time Off policy (unlimited PTO, with at least 3 weeks off) for exempt employees
- 11 company observed holidays
- Additional holidays: Curology days off (1 per quarter), 1 annual floating holiday (employee’s choice), and Gratitude Week (employees take the full week of Thanksgiving off; business critical teams observe different days)
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Employee donation matching program
- Company-sponsored events
- Free subscription to Curology or Agency
Physical characteristics of work environment:
- Remote-based work environment
- Typing and computer usage throughout the day
- 9-5 business hours M-F (business hours may depend on regional and local timezones)
- Occasional travel requirements to office or offsite