Index Analytics, LLC, is a rapidly growing Baltimore-based small business providing health related consulting services to the federal government. At the center of our company culture is a commitment to instilling a dynamic and employee-friendly place to work. We place a priority on promoting a supportive and collegial team environment and enhancing staff’s experience through career development and educational opportunities.
The User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Manager will be responsible for providing UI/UX design expertise on multiple programs. In this position, the candidate will serve as the UI/UX SME for all aspects of program work performed and will provide support in planning, design, and strategy. Candidate will work closely with other project team members to refine user experience, apply Human Center Design (HCD) principles, and perform usability tests on software products and websites to ensure functionality.
- Drive comprehensive user experience strategy and vision for our products, ensuring they are intuitive and consistently delivering a seamless experience
- Lead key discussions around customer experience programs from both business and technical perspectives
- Manage services, strategies, designs, and innovation methodologies for HCD initiatives.
- Provide leadership to researchers and other UI/UX team members to build a cohesive product informed and vetted through extensive user research and usability testing.
- Lead design reviews and set design standards for the team and trains and supports the team in UI/UX best practices
- Provide guidance and feedback to the UX design and engineering teams to ensure consistency and cohesion across our product portfolio
- Define and monitor key UI/UX KPIs, provide regular reporting and adjust strategies based on data
- Support business development activities related to HCD
- Create sophisticated data visualizations, interactive graphics, intuitive user interfaces and develop prototypes to meet customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain design mockups, user flows, wireframes, detailed specifications and other design documents as needed.
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and analysis, using these insights to inform actionable product enhancements
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams (including product managers, designers, engineers, and stakeholders) to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- US citizen, or Authorized to Work in the US and have lived in the US for 3 of the last 5 years. Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- 5 years of experience as a Product Manager or similar role, with a strong passion for user experience and design
- Proven experience managing UX design for complex workflows for technical user
- In-depth understanding of user research techniques such as interviews, surveys, and usability testing, and the ability to convert findings into actionable insights
- Experience in all stages of the product development lifecycle - from research through design inception through implementation.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills, capable of effectively engaging and influencing stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Experience participating in a wide range of human-centered research projects including usability testing, contextual and stakeholder interviews.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, and the ability to mentor and guide junior team members
- Experience utilizing and communicating human-computer interaction (HCI) best practices, designing heuristic evaluations, and developing research plans for usability testing of applications, software, and websites.
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Communicating scenarios (using personas), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product.
- Working with design lead and other user experience designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product.
- Experience using various prototyping tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Invision, Sketch, Figma, UXPin, etc.
- Experience working on Federal Government contracts is a plus
Index Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.