Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer who will be the bridge between UI visuals and implementation— working closely with our engineering team to uncover needs and determine best practices to support UI/UX goals. You must advocate for strong design thinking and consider the player experience in all aspects of your work. The innovative gameplay we are designing creates challenging problems that need intuitive but simple UX solutions that you will create in collaboration with the UI/UX Lead and Game Design team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly within Unreal Engine to implement UI elements and visuals for menus, HUD elements, and more using Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG), Materials, and Sequencer.
- Advocate for best practices in Unreal regarding UI visuals, including file organization, asset standards and reusability with UI components.
- Provide guidance and feedback on UI system architecture to improve flexibility and build easy to work with UI.
- Create UX deliverables (concepts, flows, layouts and mock-ups) based on feature needs.
- Gather inter-departmental feedback for your features, iterate on solutions to problem statements and stay flexible while finding solutions.
- Design UI assets, for both prototype purposes and final implementation.
- Be proactive in learning and researching Unreal Materials to improve the visual fidelity and efficiency of our UI implementation.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience creating UI and UX deliverables for games
- Experience in implementing UI using Unreal using UMG, Sequencer, and materials
- Understanding of information architecture, interaction design, user experience, and visual design.
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Ability to advocate for UX best practices, based on player experience and industry standards
- Knowledge of input routing and UI materials
- Experience with Unreal’s CommonUI system
- Shipped title(s) in Unreal Engine
- Motion graphics and animation proficiency
- Passion for console games
Disruptive Games is a fully remote studio with employees all over the world. Regardless of where you live, we ensure you’re paid a fair market rate. Our salary offers are informed by market compensation data, which takes into account each positions unique job function and your location.
In the United States, the compensation range for this position is typically between $71,000 - $80,000 USD.
United States Employee Perks & Benefits
Health, vision, and dental insurance plans
Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
401(k) with matching contributions
New hire home office set up
Flexible work schedules
Incredible, collaborative team
Engaging virtual office environment
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.