Bold Orange is a customer experience company. We believe authentic human connections are the single most important driver of business and societal progress. We exist to create these connections across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition to engagement to retention. Our culture is one of curiosity, collaboration, proactivity and always bringing the outside perspective to our customers.
We’re seeking a talented, collaborative, and curious UI designer who is skilled in the fundamentals of UI design and UI motion design. The ideal candidate will have design expertise in a variety of digital channels and demonstrate a passion for delivering adaptive and creative design solutions by staying current with emerging trends and best practices. They must be able to show and demonstrate their ability to animate graphic elements in user interfaces, have an acute understanding of how motion design enhances and creates a more intuitive user experience. They must be able to show and demonstrate experience creating animated graphics for a variety of purposes and digital channels.
As a UI Motion Designer at Bold Orange, you will be responsible for contributing ideas and design solutions to a variety of digital experiences across all industries and channels, with an acute understanding of the connected customer experience. You will ensure all design elements are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design. You’ll work closely with the entire creative team, project management and the client services team from kickoff to execution to create effective and cohesive projects.
Here at Bold Orange, we value diversity, equality, and bold thinking. We seek talent who share those values and who are also passionate about making every moment matter. Our mantra is to Stay Curious, Stay Bold and Stay Brave.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create purposeful design elements, patterns, modular assets, and templates for cohesiveness and efficiency for development.
- Collaborate with strategy, marketing, developers, etc. to ensure that creation and delivery meet our high standards for design excellence and defined business objectives
- Bold and broad thinking — solving the problem at-hand with fresh and forward thinking execution
- Willingness to bring additional ideas beyond the ask. Known at Bold Orange as providing the “And then some”
- Ability to comprehend and leverage insights from research and data to connect with a target audience to meet user needs and expectations
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, visual communications, user experience design, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of digital design experience and multi-channel expertise
- Working knowledge of the following technologies and software but not limited to: Figma, Animate, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Sketch, InDesign, iOS, Android, design systems and other creative applications
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Digital portfolio or work samples that demonstrate professional digital design work for a variety of projects, applications, and channels
- Experience designing and creating animated graphics, GIFs, video effects, and motion design for all types of user interfaces and channels such as: web, native and web-based app, email, social, video, digital media, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital design best practices as well as emerging trends
- Experience working with all forms of dynamic, contextual and personalized content, motion design, modular templates, adaptive and responsive design
- Experience working with brand guides, digital style guides, modular components and templates
- Understanding of design principles in typography, iconography, color, imagery, motion design, animation, UI patterns and elements
- Highly creative and strategic thinker
- A keen eye for the details
- Organized, efficient and collaborative with strong work ethics
- Ability to provide clear POV on creative ideas/choices
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, while adhering to set deadlines
- Enjoys working in a fun and exciting environment
Compensation Range: $70k - $105k. This is the pay range the Company believes it will pay for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. For this role, the Company will offer medical, dental, vision, disability, 401k and paid time off.