Modern Campus is obsessed with empowering its 1,800+ higher education customers to thrive when radical transformation is required to respond to lower student enrollments and revenue, rising costs, crushing student debt and administrative complexity.
The Modern Campus engagement platform powers solutions for non-traditional student management, web content management, catalog and curriculum management, student engagement and development, conversational text messaging, career pathways, and campus maps and virtual tours. The result: innovative institutions can create a learner-to-earner lifecycle that engages modern learners for life, while providing modern administrators with the tools needed to streamline workflows and drive high efficiency.
Learn how Modern Campus is leading the modern learner engagement movement at moderncampus.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
What’s the role?
We are looking for a UI Designer to join our Design Studio team and works with the Director of Design and other Professional Services team leaders to ensure that we successfully deliver new products and features to market that delight our customer and are in line with our corporate strategy.
- Advocating for the user on cross functional teams
- Taking a user-centered design approach, translating concepts into user stories, task flows, use cases, low and high-fidelity wireframes and functional documentation, etc, that lead to intuitive user experiences optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Providing visual design details, taking into consideration the interaction design direction, and adding the look and feel for brand identity consistent with company standards.
- Writing initial copy and messaging for the product based on the audience we are reaching.
- Managing the interface design process, including optimizing and standardizing design elements and maintaining our design system.
- Implements HTML and CSS from design mockups as needed.
- Performing regular research for continuous learning of emerging technologies, web and mobile design standards, and improvement in applicable tools.
What we offer…
- The salary range* for this full-time position is between $70,000 - $90,000
- Remote first workplace – whether working from one of our offices or remotely, our employees get things done!
- RRSP/401(k) with matching employer contributions
- Professional development and internal career mobility opportunities
- Flexible time off
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Mental health benefits
- Financial health benefits
- DEI, Culture and Environment employee led committees.
- Collaborative work environment
What you offer…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Design, Human Technology Interaction, Computer Science, and /or Computer Programming and relevant experience
- 3+ years of UI design experience for web and mobile solutions or front end development
- Proven UI Experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Expertise in standard UX software tools, such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Photoshop and Illustrator
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns. Experience with Design Systems desired.
- Intermediate level use of HTML5
- Passion about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation, strong passion for delivering great customer experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we believe…
At Modern Campus, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our positions. Modern Campus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to bring on hires regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (for US candidates). If you require accommodations during any part of the interview process due to a disability, please let our recruiter know.