SignalWire is a pioneer in the cloud communications industry, leveraging cutting-edge technology to provide robust communication APIs that enable businesses of all sizes to engage and communicate effectively. Our dynamic and collaborative environment encourages innovation, supports continuous learning, and helps talent flourish.
We believe in fostering inclusion, acceptance, and understanding in our community by employing individuals who bring unique perspectives to the company. All interested individuals, including people of all races and national origin, people of all ages, people of all religions, people with or without disabilities, and/or people with any gender identity and sexual orientation, are urged to apply.
SignalWire is seeking a technical writer with 1-2 years of experience to be a vital part of our team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining, and enhancing accessible and high-quality API documentation that assists our developer community and partners in effectively utilizing our services.
- Develop, write, edit, and maintain exceptional API documentation, including user guides, developer guides, API reference manuals, and tutorials.
- Validate, test, and review our APIs and SDKs to ensure the accuracy and applicability of the documentation.
- Collaborate closely with our engineering and product teams to gather technical and product details and integrate them into the documentation.
- Utilize feedback and data to identify areas for improvement in our documentation.
- Facilitate documentation reviews, solicit feedback, incorporate changes, and ensure updates are completed in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development and standardization of our documentation procedures and style guidelines.
- Identify and implement the most suitable documentation tools and technologies for our needs.
- Advocate for the user experience with our APIs by providing valuable feedback to our product and engineering teams.
- 1-2 years of experience in documenting APIs or SDKs
- Ability to read, understand, and write example code
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and services
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear, concise manner
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail-oriented mindset with a keen eye for quality
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and work collaboratively
- Experience with static site generators like Jekyll, Hugo, or Sphinx
- Familiarity with OpenAPI/Swagger or similar API documentation tools
- Some prior software development experience
- Familiarity with source control systems like Git
- Prior experience in a SaaS or Cloud-based company
(international benefits may differ based on location)
Work/Life Balance - fully remote work
401(k) with up to a 4% match, immediately vested
Medical, dental, vision insurance
Employer paid LTD, STD, & Life
Random Perks - We appreciate you and want to show it! Sometimes it’s as simple as a birthday cupcake, SignalWire swag, or a delivered lunch...throughout the year there will be spontaneous perks sprinkled in to make sure you know you’re valued!