uvalence is a next-generation consulting firm helping organizations across all industries design and build best-in-class digital platforms and products. Operating as a strategic partner to clients, we find ways to accelerate innovation by leveraging our technical expertise, strong experience in commercial software design and engineering, AI, and cloud-native practices. Deploying a product-driven approach, we create software solutions that make an impact, empowering our clients to succeed in the digital era and achieve their most ambitious business goals. Nuvalence is a remote-first workforce united by our drive to help solve the world’s most important challenges through impactful software solutions. We have a growing team of over 150 developers, designers, product managers, and operations specialists – we hire the best people regardless of where they live, so long as they’re willing to work Eastern Standard Time Zone hours.
About The Role:
The Technical Writer will research, write, edit, proof, and deliver highly technical, compelling content that engages our current customers and target audience.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create blog posts, white papers, case studies, emails, and other content to educate and inform our target audience.
- Use Nuvalence's voice and tone to ensure cohesive customer-facing language
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement a content strategy that resonates with customers
- Translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customer
- Proof-read and edit content submitted by team members
- 20 hours a week
*This is a freelance role, which operates like an independent contractor. You must be self-employed and have your own business agreement and equipment for this assignment*
The Primary Experience Nuvalence typically looks for:
- 5+ years experience and a proven track record of writing engaging technical content
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, new challenges, and changing priorities/objectives.
- Detail-oriented team player with strong self-initiative and high personal and professional standards of integrity, ethics, and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Great interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Strong technical writing skills
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes
- Deep understanding and interest in AI, cloud, and distributed systems architectures
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity
DEI at Nuvalence:
Our mission is to be champions of a positive culture, embracing an inclusive workplace that promotes equity and values diversity. We support this mission by:
- Investing in and committing to company-wide OKRs that measure DEI progress over time
- Bringing visibility to DEI initiatives through education, advocacy, and recruiting
- Raising awareness about conscious and unconscious bias, and working towards acknowledging bias and reducing its impact
- Making Nuvalence the obvious career choice for technically minded people with diverse perspectives
- Enabling our employees to work with each other as their true selves in an inclusive, comfortable, respectful, and supportive way.
- Weekly DEI working group sessions
- Company ERGs (employee resource groups) and Allies who are passionate in supporting the group members in creating an educated, supportive and inclusive culture.