Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage - the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease - no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who We Are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,300+ global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 1,000+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a Technical Writer to join our Product team and help us write documentation, product-business oriented documentation, and support-integration technical documentation, for our Education Vertical. As a technical writer at Flywire you will have the opportunity and contribute to the evolution of our products, culture and team. Documentation will be first and foremost written with our Clients in mind, but also for internal consumption. You will help us define best practices for naming convention, formatting, errors and more, including documentation standardization across product teams.
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- A person with experience writing external and internal facing documentation.
- Extensive experience in writing single source documentation (re-using information, information modules, categorizing information).
- Experience with XML-based Technical Authoring Systems (preferably Madcap Flare or RoboHelp).
- You are good at creating new content that explains technical concepts for software products in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Collaborative in your approach to leading initiatives - teamwork is the key to success here at Flywire, and to be successful, you’ll need to be able to work across teams throughout the globe.
- You are used to working under lean and agile environments (including working with Confluence, Jira, and Slack).
- A strong technical background with the ability to understand the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and product releases.
- Ability to write concise, contextual, and audience oriented documentation.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new software applications and understand how those applications are used by various personas.
- Ability to use various tools and mediums to document product features including, release notes, powerpoint presentations, video recordings.
- Experience with tools for supporting software documentation with images (like Snagit and Camtasia).
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 14 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.