At AnitaB.org, we envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. Our social enterprise supports women and non-binary technologists in technical fields, the organizations that employ them, and the academic institutions training the next generation. AnitaB.org is known for our Grace Hopper Celebration, and our various programs connecting, guiding, and inspiring women and non-binary technologists.
We are looking for a customer-centric Technical Project Manager with a strong technical background who will be focused on strategic technology projects. You will coordinate people and processes to ensure that our Technology projects produce the desired business results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and timeline. Overall, you’ll develop detailed project plans, ensure resource availability & allocation, manage delivery risk, and report & forecast project execution. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of Technology projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, on scope, and on budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project & scrum plans to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure accomplishment of all objectives in accordance with AnitaB.org InfoSec & Data Governance policies, procedures, and strategic direction, as well as regulatory standards governing AnitaB.org.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry and regulatory trends and developments for the enterprise technology.
- Additional duties as required
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring
- Professionalism in team and external stakeholder interactions and communications, including honesty, integrity, respect, and commitment to advancing global, regional, and local DEI, in keeping with an organization with a mission to promote women and non-binary diversity, equity and inclusion in society and the workplace.
- Competencies equivalent to a degree in computer science, engineering, or information systems.
- 5-8 years’ experience in Product Development.
- 3-5 years as a project manager or project coordinator.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and data & analytics technologies.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile, Waterfall, and related disciplines.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Ability to travel as position requires.
AnitaB.org is proud to offer a remote, distributed workplace. Please know we cannot accommodate remote work outside of the United States. The salary range for this position is $84,897 - $106,121, plus competitive benefits, including health insurance and 403(b) discretionary match. Consistent with pay equity best practices, we are proud to present only our best and final non-negotiable offer. The offer is based on the candidate’s location and subject to change if the candidate or employee relocates.