We are seeking a Technical Product Owner to join our growing Product Development team. The Technical Product Owner will maintain and drive execution of the product backlog for BEMO’s core products, tech-enabled service offerings, and deliver continuous value to small and medium-sized businesses around the globe who count on BEMO to help them securely conduct business in today’s connected world.
Please read the job description carefully before applying.
BEMO is rapidly-growing company and the Product Department is a key factor in this growth. We deliver continuous value to market and delight our users with the quality of our work. We use lean start-up techniques to fail fast together, grow from validated learning, and celebrate our achievements. We bring our own unique experiences and contributions to the fabric of the team and to BEMO as a whole. We work hard, we play hard, and we are obsessed with learning how to get better.
And we are counting on you to help us take the next step.
At BEMO, competencies for the IC4 level are as follows:
· In-depth specialist knowledge and ability to expand and share that knowledge with team members.
· Skilled problem-solver and critical thinker when faced with new or unfamiliar challenges.
· Strong network of connections with senior professionals within and outside of your area of expertise.
· Make well-informed, data-driven decisions and seek input from relevant stakeholders as needed.
· Consider the big picture and potential consequences when making product decisions, adjusting the approach as needed to mitigate risk.
· Understand how BEMO’s strategy affects the team’s objectives and may be involved in setting cross-departmental goals.
· Proactive in taking ownership and using initiative to positively impact the organization.
· Build strong relationships with team members and colleagues in other departments.
· Influence others at your level and learn to influence more senior stakeholders in decision-making, planning, and timelines.
· Provide actionable feedback to drive improvement.
· Share expertise with less experienced team members to help them accelerate their learning.
· Understand the importance of being a role model, actively seeking feedback from others, and developing the ability to provide clear and actionable feedback to my peers and manager.
Responsibilities & Primary Goals
As a Technical Product Owner at BEMO, you will own the product backlog. You will drive the definition, delivery, and deployment of efficient, iterative, and scalable solutions for client-facing products within a dynamic startup ecosystem. We’re looking for someone experienced in client-facing software development in a Microsoft Azure environment that can deliver continuous and measurable product value to market.
• Own the product backlog (product and technical stories) and ensure the backlog is well-formed, well-defined, prioritized, refined, and sized in Azure DevOps.
• Execute (and eventually own) the established scrum-based product development lifecycle to deliver continuous, measurable value to market.
• Shape and advance the product roadmap.
• Use story mapping techniques to define, refine, and decompose new product efforts into achievable slices (epics, features, stories) that deliver continuous value sprint-over-sprint along an appropriate architectural runway.
• Plan releases and customer-oriented deployments that fulfill the roadmap and overarching organizational goals.
• Ensure acceptance criteria for all work are defined and achievable in the beginning and met in the end.
• Be the source of knowledge about business and product-related subject matter and work closely with the appropriate business SMEs to understand, interpret, contextualize, and clearly communicate product requirements.
• Lead and represent Product in all product ceremonies: intake, refinement, demonstrations, retrospectives, and sprint-planning sessions.
• Exhibit strong competency in core professional skills, especially attention to detail, responsiveness, follow-through, and flexibility, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and tact.
• Conduct yourself in accordance with BEMO’s core values (accountability, agility, focus, fun, teamwork, and transparency) at all times.
• Consistently seeks to improve technical knowledge in Microsoft technology, security, compliance by spending a portion of your time dedicated to certifications.
• Self-motivated drive for excellence and servant leader at heart
• Constantly seeks to delight colleagues and customers alike – our ultimate success as a team will be measured by this.
• Other duties and responsibilities as our team and company evolves
• BEMO is a global, fully remote company with mainly non-technical stakeholders, so excellent written and spoken English communication skills and a strong ability to empathize and engage with others are essential. Without these skills, you will not succeed.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent) with 5+ years of Product Owner experience on client-facing products, particularly in lean start-up environments.
• Experience breaking down complicated customer-facing applications in Microsoft cloud environments.
• Contributor to a healthy, efficient, and evolving agile environment (non-denominational sprint-based scrum/kanban in Azure DevOps)
• An active evangelist and internal educator about the product and our processes
• Knowledge of Microsoft cloud technology and applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Partner Center, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft Lighthouse, Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Defender, Azure DevOps, etc.
• An eager learner with the enthusiasm and capacity to learn new Microsoft technologies to enhance our business, stakeholder engagement, and user experience.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an analytical mindset.
• A collaborative team player willing to support colleagues and capable of sharing responsibilities to meet team goals.
• Demonstrated experience working directly with professional development and product teams consisting of Junior to Senior skillsets in remote work environments.
• Ability to build and maintain a high level of trust with internal teams and stakeholders.
• A passion for continuous learning.
Specialized Knowledge or Skills Preferred
- Microsoft Azure certifications a plus (MS-900, AZ-900, etc.)
- Product Owner certification a plus (PSPO, CSPO, SAFe PM/PO, PMI-ACP, or similar)
- Experience with both backend and front-end development concepts
- Experience working with UX Architects and delivering highly usable systems.
- Experience with manual testing, automated testing, regression analysis, and test-driven development.
- Experience with applications that consume and generate large volumes of data.
- Familiarity with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) concepts and their application in a business context.
If you are ready to take the next step, ensure the following acceptance criteria are met by your application. Submissions that do not meet these acceptance criteria will not be considered:
1) Include your most recent resume
2) Must include a cover letter:
a. Cover letter is no more than 5 paragraphs in total
b. One paragraph of no more than 3 sentences that tells us how your experience and individuality would make BEMO a better place
c. Another paragraph of no more than 3 sentences that tell us about a large customer-facing product you contributed to of which you are more proud
d. A final paragraph that includes a link to a YouTube clip from your favorite movie and tell us what you like about it