At Xplor, we believe that helping people make the most of each day is the most rewarding way to spend ours.
We give small and medium-sized businesses cloud-based, intuitive technology solutions that enable them to manage all the hassles of running and growing a business, so business owners can get back to doing what they love. With Xplor Pay, we help businesses get paid quickly and securely – without hidden fees. We built the tech ourselves, and our platform delivers secure, transparent, fast, and accurate payments.
We are unified by our purpose of helping people to succeed. So, when you become part of our team, you also become part of the personal connection that strengthens the relationship people have with Xplor products.
About the opportunity
Join our Central Technology Team as Technical Lead C# / Manager to make a real impact every day. We say that because we know that every code line we write, every interface we design and every conversation we have, is another opportunity for us to enrich our customers’ experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Some of the other responsibilities include:
- Become the subject matter expert for the platform.
- Design, documents, develops, tests, optimizes, and maintains software systems for use by internal staff and external customers.
- Develop areas of expertise within the team, so that key people have areas of ownership and knowledge, and train staff on the in the platform.
- Prioritize development work in order to enable delivery of features.
- Ensure the platform is running well and software issues causing production problems are communicated and addressed in a timely fashion.
- Communicate, escalate, and document when projects are behind schedule or are blocked.
- Uses technical experience to help team members with technical aspects of their jobs.
- Hold regular one on ones with direct reports.
- Review and provided feedback on product requirements, visual designs and testing plans.
- Communicate and coordinate activities with engineering departments including Product Management, Quality Assurance, DevOps and other engineering teams.
- Provides technical product improvement suggestions to improve quality, performance, maintainability.
About our Central Technology team
At Xplor, we have many different products and technologies. We have evolved from a bunch of start-ups to a single company with over 700 Xplorers who work in our CT team as one team across the world. You can find everything from super modern to older languages. We continue to iterate on our processes and technologies to find common ground between the different projects and product we have.
With this, we rely heavily on our engineers to be dynamic. Xplor is not the company (yet) where you’ll always have well-defined requirements and rigid processes. Our Engineers have a lot of input into the process and requirements. However, there can be challenges and ambiguity you as an Engineer have to overcome – and we know that’s not for everyone. The positive side of this is that you get to have a lot of say and ownership in the product and the process.
Leading people at Xplor
Leaders at Xplor are tasked with bringing our culture and values to life. The Xplor culture is rooted in inclusive, innovation, personal growth and impact. As a leader at Xplor you will;
- Attract, develop, inspire and retain a high performing team
- Exhibit a desire to help their team members succeed and invest time in their development and growth
- Collaborate and openly debate with the team to manage projects, solve problems, discuss challenging issues, or learn more about critical issues as a group
- Delegate tasks thoughtfully to free up capacity to work at a strategic level
- Work with Xplorers in the team to establish clear, challenging performance goals and metrics for the year
- Use the Xplor performance management and goal setting process to monitor projects and deliver results that exceed expectations and regularly review team progress against plans
- Act as an enterprise leader sharing best practice and driving Xplor wide initiatives
The average base salary pay range for this role is $90,000 to $125,000
What would make me a good candidate?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required qualifications for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience using C#.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience developing secure, RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Working knowledge of agile software development life-cycles.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong, clear written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Docker is a plus
- Experience with mobile platform development (iOS and Android) is a plus.
- Prior experience as a manager or as a technical lead is a plus.
At Xplor, we believe that the best innovation and ideas happen at the intersection of differences - people of different cultures, generations, disciplines, and lived experiences. So even if you think you don’t quite tick all the boxes, we still encourage you to apply.
Values and Life at Xplor
Our four core values that guide us from how we hire and recognize our team members to how we interact with our customers day to day:
Make life simple
Build for people
Move with purpose
Create lasting communities.
If these values sound like you, and describe people you want to work with, you will thrive at Xplor.
As an Xplorer, you will be part of a global network of talented colleagues who will support your success. We look for commonalities and shared passions and give people the tools they need to deliver great work and grow at speed.
Some of our perks and benefits are: :
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- #GiveBackDays/Commitment to social impact – 3 extra days off to volunteer and give back to your local community
- Ongoing dedication to Diversity & Inclusion initiatives such as D&I Council, Global Mentorship Program
- Access to free mental health support
- Flexible working arrangements
- May be considered for a discretionary bonus