Weaviate is a remote-first tech start-up that thinks big and has a vector-based database at the forefront of database technology. It uses AI and machine learning to organize and search data in a completely new way. Weaviate is a semantic search engine that enables companies to create meaningful insights from their unstructured data. With over 1.5 million downloads, Weaviate continues to grow in popularity. It is currently used in e-commerce, facial recognition, anti-fraud, packaging, and chat applications.
Our entire team works remotely across the globe because we believe in the freedom and flexibility to work from anywhere and at any time. Our people experience this as a massive benefit! Our people are therefore comfortable working independently, proactive, they take ownership, and our people communicate effectively.
About this role
Weaviate (the database) is growing fast, with new innovative features and use cases arriving almost on a weekly basis. But any software product is as good as its documentation, which is an integral part of the product’s developer experience.
We are looking for an experienced technical documentation writer, with a keen eye for DX. Someone with experience building and maintaining docs for software products.
This role is part of a small Education/Docs team, which sits under Developer Relations.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who takes pride and satisfaction from producing high-quality work day-in and day-out. But they would also look into the future, dare to think big and shake up the status quo for a better solution.
This role goes beyond documenting software features and APIs. As part of this role, you will become an expert in building with Weaviate. There will be many opportunities to build demos, create tutorials and small code examples for the docs.
Ultimately, we have a single goal: “Provide the best developer experience possible for both new and existing Weaviate developers.”
We aim to do that by making it easy for them to find what they need, and guide them through their journey of building with Weaviate. Like every other piece of good writing, we want our documentation to tell a story - and we are looking for talented storytellers.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Documentation Writer, or similar.
- Impeccable writing and editing skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Familiarity with software development processes and terminology.
- You are excited about the new AI developments and want to be a part of it.
- You are friendly and love to collaborate with others.
- Great communication skills.
Bonus points (not a requirement):
- Experience working with Database or ML documentation is a big plus.
- Experience with MarkDown and GitHub.
- Experience creating tutorials.
- Experience with Java or Go.
What we offer
- 100% remote with flexible work hours.
- Competitive compensation, including paid time off.
- Budget available to spend on going to conferences, co-working space, home office equipment, etc.
- Work with very experienced and fun team members.
- An atmosphere that encourages learning and personal growth, and that gives you lots of freedom, flexibility, and responsibilities.