Health Cost IQ is looking for a Tableau professional and data analyst to assist with internal and external Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server projects.
The Tableau Developer and Data Analyst is responsible for creating insightful, meaningful data visualizations, dashboards and reports from complex data sets. The report developer will access SQL Server databases, views, stored procedures, flat files and more, and turn the resulting data into meaningful and drillable reports and data visualizations using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
The Data Analyst must be an expert at finding new and innovative ways to visualize clinical data coming from health insurance carriers, pharmacy benefit management companies, wellness companies, labs, data vendors, and our clients and must be able to create interactive graphs, tables, and charts to be delivered to clients and other stakeholders via Tableau Server and our custom web application.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties will be performed in collaboration with the Product Development and Database teams:
- Partner with clients, internal stakeholders and users to solicit and document business requirements.
- Translate non-technical requirements into technical business requirements.
- Partner with business departmental teams and other internal stakeholders to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports.
- Evaluate existing data through comprehensive data analysis processes and devise the best course of action to create datasets and visualizations.
- Create and maintain documentation throughout the product development life cycle, including business requirements documents, technical documentation, and testing documentation.
- Design, develop, publish, and maintain Tableau reports on Tableau Server and application server and perform ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports.
- Collaborate with team members on data models and recommend enhancements based on business requirements.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, work with customers to uncover unmet business needs.
- Provide end user training and assistance with reports and analytical tools.
- Responsible for technical support of the Tableau platform, providing production and operational systems support to business users, clients and stakeholders both internal and external.
- Assist with managing data intake, analytics and distribution of reports in Tableau and other internal data visualization methods to internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Participate in meetings with other HCQ staff, other HCQ business units, sales and product development teams, senior leadership, and external clients as required.
- Assist, as needed, in sales presentations with clients and prospective clients of the Company, and for projects associated with such clients and potential clients.
- 2-3 years of relevant report writing and data analysis experience.
- Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server experience required.
- Tableau certification is a plus.
- Experience working within the AWS environment is preferred.
- Experienced working with the Microsoft Office 365 suite, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Access etc.
- A background working with healthcare data is a plus.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience retrieving data from relational databases, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Excel, flat files etc.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Note: A criminal background check is required before an applicant is formally hired for this position.
- A professional business office environment with regular workday, workweek, and work hours. Note: This position can also be performed remotely if suitable remote work equipment is available and other requirements are met.
- A small business work culture and work environment where your opinion counts.
- This position may include occasional weekend, holiday, or overtime work as client needs demand.
- Minimal to no travel is anticipated for this position.
Comprehensive Benefits Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision (50% employer premium contribution on select medical plans)
- Benefits start on day 1 with no waiting period
- FREE, employer-paid Life Insurance coverage
- AD&D, Long-Term Disability coverage
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Savings Account
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- And more…
$55,000 - $85,000 per year