Who we are: Headquartered in Toronto and with team members across the US, Open Farm is one of the fastest growing CPG companies in North America. We are transforming the way people feed their pets, with a focus on producing premium, healthy food and treats, all ethically sourced from farm-to-bowl. We believe the best foods are made with consciously sourced, top-quality ingredients from farmers and fisheries who believe in doing good for all animals and the environment.
The Role: We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Strategic Account Manager to complement our team. Reporting to the Senior Director of National Accounts & Distribution, the Strategic Account Manager serves as the liaison between the organization and designated clients.
Primary Responsibilities (If this looks enticing, click “Apply”!):
- Sales Quota Attainment: Meet and exceed assigned sales goals, demonstrating exceptional sales acumen and a thorough understanding of market dynamics and client requirements.
- Client Relationship Management: Cultivate and nurture positive, enduring relationships with existing clients while proactively seeking opportunities for expansion and growth within our client base.
- Customer Satisfaction: Ensure the utmost satisfaction of our clients through diligent communication, timely issue resolution, and a proactive approach to addressing their evolving needs.
- Strategic Account Portfolio Management: Effectively manage a key account portfolio, developing and implementing tailored strategies to achieve predefined objectives and enhance overall account performance.
- Collaborative Efforts: Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams, sharing insights and feedback to enhance our products/services and ensure client expectations are consistently met.
- Client Expansion: Strategically enhance client databases by identifying and engaging potential clients, showcasing a profound understanding of their needs and aligning our services accordingly.
- Contract Management: Manage and oversee contract negotiations, renewals and amendments to meet client expectations and company objectives.
- Client Education and Training: Educate clients on new products, services, and industry trends. Provide comprehensive training and guidance to clients to maximize the value derived from our offerings.
- Issue Resolution: Address client concerns and issues promptly and effectively, escalating issues when necessary and working diligently towards resolution.
- Revenue Growth: Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities to enhance account revenue, showcasing a keen understanding of client needs and market dynamics.
- Account Portfolio: Strategic account assignments will be designated by sales leadership and are subject to change.
What you bring to the table:
- Professional Experience: Demonstrated expertise in strategic account management with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within the industry.
- Sales Acumen: Strong sales expertise and a results-oriented mindset, evidenced by a history of surpassing sales targets and quotas.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven ability to think strategically, analyze market trends and develop innovative approached to enhance client engagement and business growth.
- Relationship Building: Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, enabling the establishment of trust, rapport and the effective conveyance of complex concepts to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Proficiency in CRM software and Microsoft Office with a focus PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to travel extensively for client meetings and market reviews.
- Personal Attributes:
- Results-driven with a focus on achieving targets.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong business acumen and market awareness.
- Strong commitment to client satisfaction and success.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to grow, develop and make a mission driven, dynamic, and fast-growing company.
- Competitive salary, benefits and opportunity for equity incentive compensation
- Great culture (with lots of adorable pets!) and people who are thoughtful and passionate about work and community.
- Casual dress code
- Full suite of benefits - including monthly pet feeding program for someone who loves to keep their pet well fed year-round.
- Annual Wellness Stipend
- This is a remote opportunity. We are accepting applicants within the US
We Raise the Bar | We Keep the Barn Doors Open | We Graze Lightly | We Lead the Pack | We are Inspired by Our Customers | We Have Fun Doing It
Open Farm values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants requiring a disability-related accommodation at any stage of Open Farm’s recruitment process should contact [email protected]. As required by legislation, Open Farm will consult with applications requesting such an accommodation to ensure that Open Farm’s recruitment process takes into account their accessibility needs.