ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater’s corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We’re backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to improve the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Our culture values innovation, pragmatism, and transparency. Check out the ezCater Engineering Blog for a glimpse into our culture and team.
As we expand our team we’re seeking engineers that thrive in a forward-thinking organization and are passionate about building products that drive measurable impact, while committing quality code and deconstructing complexities. We are looking for smart, thoughtful, collaborative technologists to help us reach our goals while delivering value and impact across our business.
As a Staff Software Engineer for Integrations, you will work across our Integrations teams to lead the engineering organization in building maintainable, scalable software products that connect ezCater seamlessly with our technology, delivery and catering partners.
What You’ll Do
- Own and oversee the technical development of 3rd party integrations, focusing on in-restaurant points of sale and our delivery partners.
- Define and evangelize an architectural vision for our software developers
- Work with other staff-level engineers to fit Integrations into the broader company architectural vision
- Mentor and guide other developers, review design documents and code
- Work closely with product to ensure we build the right things the right way
- Write code to deliver mission critical software
What You Have:
- 7+ years of experience in software development, with 4 years of recent experience in Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience building APIs for the public and internal teams
- Success in building strong domain-based systems
- Experience with cloud-based development systems, like kafka, redis and mesh networking
- A proven track record of mentoring engineers and working with the business to define a technology roadmap
The national cash compensation range for this role is $180,000 - $227,000* per year
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when you’re in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
For information on how ezCater collects and uses job applicants’ personal information, please visit our