At a point of major inflection and scale, Taskrabbit is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help design and implement features and capabilities for both our PWA and our mobile application which enables Taskrabbit to provide delivery capabilities for our partners through our Teamo platform. We are looking for a strong technical leader with experience building a robust and scalable platform to support current and future partners at scale. This Staff Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with peers in Engineering, Architecture, Data, Product and other business leaders to build a partnerships platform to support and sustain hyper growth for Taskrabbit.
What You’ll Do:
- Designing, building, and maintaining solutions which follow our engineering principles:
- expose the ability to be measured and observed
- protect our customer, our business, and our partners and their data
- always do what the customer expects and upon failure, data is recoverable
- always available when and where the customer expects and which are healthy and current
- perform to, and exceed, customer expectations
- delight the customer
- Contributing to the growth and success of team members through code review, clear documentation, and mentorship
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building developer platforms, defining the strategy, and providing technical direction to the team
- Experience building API-driven applications and endpoints
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Proficiency with React, React Native
- Experience with CI/CD and TDD principles
- Fundamentals understanding of modern microservices and current development principles using AWS
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.