Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
OpenX is looking for a talented and highly motivated Staff Software Engineer to help us innovate and improve our exchange platform. In the next year your focus will be helping evolve our exchange to support Chrome’s Privacy Sandbox APIs. OpenX has been an active participant in Privacy Sandbox discussions and has already started testing Topics and the Protected Audience API. As a part of the Platform & Architecture team you will help chart the path for us as we prepare for the deprecation of the third-party cookie, as well as participate in other high-impact projects that improve our high-volume, low-latency exchange systems. You will also work with the product engineering teams to ensure that our architecture enables the product to succeed.
You will be working with multiple distributed teams to architect, create, and deliver new features and functionality in order to deliver the best possible advertising experience in the market. Scalability, performance, and rock-solid reliability are all factors to consider with every line you code.
- Design high-performance, distributed, low-latency systems.
- Architect, create, and deliver new features and functionality.
- Work with Product to drive the requirements, and own the project end-to-end.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of servers and processes.
- Think long-term and be unsatisfied with band-aids.
- Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it.
- Perform other, possibly unexpected job duties as requested or as required by business needs.
What you need to be successful in the role.
- 6+ years of experience with low-latency high-volume applications, including development, performance analysis, and monitoring in a JVM based language, C++, or golang.
- Experience with Golang, Elixir/Erlang, or Java is a plus.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, k8s and docker is a big advantage.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to handle projects efficiently and meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and show initiative and judgment in the absence of specific directions.
- The ability to work effectively on a team, coordinate or lead others, and deal with external customers.
- Experience working in digital media, marketing technology or advertising technology is a big plus
- Familiarity with or willingness to use erlang (as we transition from erlang to golang).
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Meetings, etc.) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
$178,000 - $210,000 a year
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, New York Fair Chance Act, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
OpenX is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. For applicants in New York, New Jersey, California, and Colorado, the salary range is $178,000 - $210,000 per year + bonus + equity + benefits. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.
A summary of our benefits, which include medical, dental, vision, 401k, equity and more, can be viewed here: https://www.openx.com/company/careers/ A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.