In the last few years, remote and hybrid work has had an explosion in popularity, giving workers an unprecedented level of access to opportunity and an increase in quality of life. However, our existing tools were not set up to do remote work well. Work can be isolating, transactional, and void of the camaraderie that makes everyone feel like they're in it together.
To solve this, Gather builds virtual offices that bring the best of in-person work to remote. We've already seen success with our approach, with over 10,000 remote-first companies using our spaces every day.
And yet it's still the early days for our broader vision of the Metaverse. We're excited about how the Metaverse can break down physical constraints that exist today, not just in where you can work, but which friends/family you can see, or what educational opportunities you can have access to.
Join us in this mission!
Come dream with us
Gather is a small team right now, meaning every designer has an extremely significant role in shaping and executing the vision of the company.
Questions we find ourselves asking:
- How do we enable the future of remote or hybrid work? What kind of product research and analysis should we be doing now in all of our product verticals to be best prepared to deliver the best customer experience for this use case?
- How do we, broadly, enable real, meaningful, social connection over the internet vs the transactional feeling that comes with traditional solutions?
- How do we emulate the experience of sitting around a table with teammates or friends and hanging out?
- How can we empower users to customize their own experience so they feel a sense of pride in their space?
- … and more!
In this role, you'll operate as a design lead for our Remote Work product line. You'll be a crucial part of our growing product design team to also help us define our overall design direction and vision, along with our operational processes.
Where you'll make an impact:
- Partner with Product, Art, Maps, Engineering, Data and other depts to shape an inspiring vision and strategy for the future of our Remote Work products.
- Own the end-to-end design proposals and plans for highly strategic and complex projects – from IA to wireframes to user flows to high-fidelity mocks to prototypes and everything in between.
- Set a standard of operational excellence by driving the design side of projects extremely effectively through strong project management, clear communication, and goal setting.
- Validate ideas throughout the lifecycle of the project by interviewing/surveying customers directly, incorporating insights, and sharing insights back to the team.
- Build alignment across diverse teams by being able to successfully present ideas to a range of teams and stakeholders across Gather.
- Contribute to Gather's growing team by mentoring designers and by introducing/adapting design best practices for organizational needs such as career ladders, design critique, research, and more.
What you bring:
- You have at least 7-10+ years of relevant experience as an individual contributor on an in-house product design team.
- You have the ability to work on ambiguous and broad problems/opportunities, along with smaller well-defined projects.
- You are a critical participant in design reviews – both in delivering feedback to teammates to strengthen their work, but also in soliciting feedback at every step of the process.
- You are strong across interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and information architecture.
- You have experience designing mobile and web consumer products at scale. A combination of consumer and B2B experience is ideal. Bonus: You have worked in gaming and/or are passionate about games yourself.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical partners, internally and externally.
- You are comfortable in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments and understand what fast growing startups entail for designers.
- You are scrappy, have a bias toward action, and love moving fast.
- You enjoy spending time with customers and are adept and getting to the root problems that our product is uniquely positioned to solve.
- You know how to build strong relationships cross-functionally.
US Salary Range
At Gather, compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $165,000 - $200,000 annually and we encourage candidates outside of this salary range to apply.
Base pay is one part of the total package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for a stock reward program.
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day