Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
At Kong, the mission of our Product Analytics team is to transform data into actionable insights to improve operations and drive innovation. As a Staff Product Analyst, your main collaboration will be with Product Managers, while also partnering with teams from Operations, Finance, and Marketing. Your role isn’t just about individually uncovering and presenting product insights, but rather ensuring these teams are enabled to discover insights on their own.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world’s largest companies love our tech!
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a central role in operating and improving Kong’s “Modern Data Stack ’’ which currently includes Snowflake, DBT, Dagster, Hex, Tableau, and other tooling.
- Create new reporting and dashboards used by product owners to measure the success of their features (while helping them learn to build their own).
- Define and track key high level product metrics, while proactively analyzing more granular data to uncover opportunities.
- Formulate your own growth hypotheses and experiments to move business metrics forward.
- Develop systems and processes that let cross-functional teams self-serve their own insights.
- Any additional tasks required by your manager.
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Analyst or comparable analytics experience at a growth-stage technology company.
- Mastery of SQL with extensive experience querying and manipulating large and complex datasets.
- Proficiency with DBT modeling and best practices.
- Proficiency with Python alongside SQL for deep dive analysis in Hex.
- Experience with B2B SaaS data modeling and reporting.
- Experience with reporting on product growth and experimentation efforts.
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs.
Nice to have:
- Experience with developer tools and/or infrastructure companies.
- Experience with other out-of-the-box tooling common in “Modern Data Stacks”: Segment, Fivetran, Hightouch, Hex, etc.
- Python proficiency for light weight data pipelining (e.g. ETL jobs executed by Dagster).
- Experience with product usage metering and billing systems.
Kong has different base pay ranges for different work locations globally, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors, including but not limited to specific candidate location, role, skill set and level of experience. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards including sales incentives depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role. Benefits may vary depending on location. US based employees are typically offered access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan, short and long term disability benefits, basic life and AD&D insurance, among others. The typical base pay range for this role in the USD is $164,200 - $200,700 USD.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.