A Staff Platform Engineer is a technical leader across the entire engineering organization. They lead by both influencing and directing the organization in diverse technical matters relating to platform engineering, devops, and site reliability engineering. Their impact is broad and their focus is improving the impact and capabilities of the engineering organization in order to achieve our business goals.
What you’ll do:
- Drive and own platform engineering best practices for the organization and be an example for others to follow when building systems and tooling for developers
- Architect and lead the implementation of complex systems and execution of projects across multiple engineering teams
- Be the technical leader of our platform, devops, and site reliability systems and grow them over time to be best in class for our internal and external customers.
- Mentor team members of varying skills levels to up level them in coding techniques, code review best practices and development processes
- Contribute and lead our need to effectively document our systems architecture and design, processes, and procedures
- Provide expert level solutioning and guidance to the team by breaking down complex problems into small units of work that can be delivered incrementally over time.
- Be an advocate and leader in iterative development techniques while being an advocate for obtaining early feedback from stakeholders and driving confidence and innovation through the use of PoCs
- Participate in and lead our onboarding of engineers to our on-call rotation; contribute and lead incident reviews
- Architect, develop and perform the necessary testing required to maintain our quality standards with a focus on automation
- Able to consistently execute technical project work against the expected milestones
- Drive alignment across engineering to ensure platform engineering is delivering to the desired outcomes for the business
- Has an innate desire to learn and excel while helping to drive clarity in areas of unknowns
- Is a nimble learner whereby they view mistakes as opportunities to learn, enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, and seek new approaches to solve problems.
- Is a collaborator whereby they facilitate an open dialogue with a wide variety of contributors and stakeholders, balance own interests with others’ and promote high visibility of shared contributions to goals
What you should have:
- 10+ years experience implementing, configuring and optimizing Kubernetes, Docker, or other similar technologies and AWS services
- 10+ years experience implementing, configuring and optimizing Terraform or other similar technologies
- 10+ years experience developing and optimizing CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab, Helm or other similar technologies
- 8+ years experience working with teams to align to a common platform and components that are used across the entire organization
- 8+ years experience building highly reliable and tolerant infrastructure in the cloud to support SaaS applications
- 8+ years experience identifying, building, and optimizing developer tools to enable product engineering teams to be as efficient and productive as possible
- Experience working in an on-call rotation and working with the team to optimize its effectiveness and efficiency
- Direct experience defining SLOs, SLIs, and SLAs along with developing dashboards to track and measure these metrics over time.
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering large complex projects incrementally with a high degree of quality
- Demonstrated expert experience developing in Python, Go, and/or other similar languages used by Platform/Devops teams.
- Hands-on experience developing, utilizing, and/or testing APIs
- Extensive experience writing test plans and automating test cases
- Experience integrating AI/ML technologies into a platform is desirable
- Confidence in making decisions involving high amounts of risk and uncertainty
- The ability to influence broad groups and build consensus
- A pragmatic approach that balances engineering needs with business needs
The pay range for this position is $168,700 to $253,100 for all US locations. Articulate takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. This position is also bonus eligible. Articulate also offers a robust suite of benefits, check out the website for a full list.