Bitsight is a cyber risk management leader transforming how companies manage exposure, performance, and risk for themselves and their third parties. Companies rely on Bitsight to prioritize their cybersecurity investments, build greater trust within their ecosystem, and reduce their chances of financial loss.
Built on over a decade of technological innovation, its integrated solutions deliver value across enterprise security performance, digital supply chains, cyber insurance, and data analysis.
- We invented the cyber ratings industry in 2011
- Over 3000 customers trust Bitsight
- Over 750 teammates are dispersed throughout Boston, Raleigh, New York, Lisbon, Singapore, Argentina, and remote
Cyber Risk Quantification methodology data scientists at BitSight are responsible for researching, prototyping, and implementing statistical quantification methodologies for modeling and analyzing cyber risk, financial loss, and psychometric/survey data. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Product Management, Marketing and Customer Success, from proof of concept through the launch and adoption of BitSight’s products and services. Cyber Risk Quantification methodology data scientists collect, collate, analyze, and build models and analytical workflows using statistical methodologies and data from various sources to prototype, improve on, or build product features and services to drive efficiencies and improvements in products and processes. An interest in cyber security, data mining, and modeling of complex, large, under-reported, and unbalanced data is desired.
- Develop and implement cyber risk quantification methodologies
- Research additional data sources to help bolster Bitsight’s cyber risk quantification models
- Contribute to a robust methodology testing framework that ensures the accuracy of the results that are produced
- Contribute to and manage the Bitsight toolboxes and codebases for data-science-driven data pipelines, product features, and services.
- Create and sustain well-documented, validated, and tested code that can be operationalized or integrated into product services.
- Contribute to creating technical content for customer-facing documentation and training activities.
- Anticipate technical issues at the product level and make design decisions to avoid them.
- Education: MS required. PhD preferred in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other Quantitative Science
- Years of Experience: minimum 1 year equivalent industry experience at the staff level
- Certification/Specialized Skills: Git, Python/R, SQL; software SDLC and package/library development; shell/bash/command line scripting; big data stack (Spark/Hadoop); applied machine learning; statistical analysis (R, SAS); data visualization and reporting tools; AWS; ability to read, learn, and evangelize algorithms and statistical methodologies from peer-reviewed literature
Diversity. Bitsight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Culture. We put our people first. Bitsight offers best in class benefits. We devote the same energy to nurturing our company’s inclusive culture as we apply to serving our customers’ needs. Working at Bitsight will give you the opportunity to fulfill your professional goals and expand your skills.
Open-minded. If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Bitsight’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways.