Signature Analytics provides expert level accounting and business advisory solutions to small and middle-market businesses throughout Southern California and beyond. We accomplish this by managing your accounting function and financial reporting, so you don’t have to. From there, we go beyond the numbers to help improve business performance and achieve your goals by focusing on forward-looking activities, direction, and strategy.
We pride ourselves on being a US-based professional services firm and support our clients working as a natural extension of their team, tailoring our services to fit their specific business objectives and goals. We’ve been recognized five times on the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies list and as one of the Best Places to Work nationwide.
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant with a great personality and excellent interpersonal communication skills that will assist with the accounting functions for a handful of our clients. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, client-facing environment and view challenges as opportunities to impact organizational change. This is a full-time, remote working opportunity within the United States.
- Verify data and perform data entry work from source documents into accounting software
- Perform entry-level accounting tasks for a variety of different clients and vendors across multiple different industries
- Prepare month-end close and ad hoc journal entries (ex. prepaid expenses, accrual expenses, payroll expenses, and depreciation expenses)
- Participate in Accounts Payable / Receivable processes including: process documentation; preparing customer invoices; receiving and depositing customer payments; processing vendor bills; preparing checks/payment; correspond with customers and vendors regarding account status and payment; prepare and perform bank deposits for clients
- Prepare and perform bank deposits for clients
- Prepare work papers to comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings, including preparation and filing of annual 1099s, submitting quarterly sales tax, etc.
- Organizing and gathering workpaper information for external auditors
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Provide assistance with payroll processing
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of the GL, including creating schedules for various accounts (fixed assets, 401k, accrued expenses, amortization, etc.)
- Assist with flux and trend analysis of income statement and balance sheet
- Train and delegate work to Junior Staff, as well as review and ensure work passed off to Junior Staff is done accurately
- Responsible for Vendor Management within the accounting system, including analyzing vendors for 1099 eligibility and updating records with W-9 info
- Assist with the preparation of timely and complete financial statements and package
- Assist with financial analysis (ex. cash flow analysis, monthly financial workbooks, sales analysis, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- 2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (or equivalent) required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, and G Suite
- Experience with Sage, Salesforce, Bill.com, Expensify, or in-house accounting software for AP/AR a plus
- Ability to learn and adapt to various accounting software quickly is essential
- Ability to maintain professionalism and exercise judgment in a client-facing environment
- Professionalism in all forms of communication
WHY WORK FOR US
- Remote working opportunity
- Flexible PTO
- Team building activities and volunteer opportunities
- Career development programs and ongoing training activities
- Clear career path
- Competitive salaries
- CPA and CPE reimbursement program
- Excellent Benefits; Health, Vision, Dental
- Employee and client referral bonuses
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $62,500 - $75,000 annually. In order to provide a competitive compensation package, Signature Analytics takes into account a variety of factors including but not limited to: market compensation data, relevant experience, skills, education, and certifications. A sign-on bonus may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to benefits (employer contribution towards medical, dental, and vision premiums; 401(k) match; professional development reimbursements; cell phone and home office stipend, etc.) depending on the position offered.
We are more than just an accounting firm. We are thought leaders, trusted advisors, and industry experts. Join our team and make a difference! Help us take accounting, finance, and business advisory to a whole new level! If you want to be a part of our growth during this exciting time please apply online today!