The work we do has an impact on millions of lives, and you can be a part of it.
We help protect our customers against life’s uncertainties. Regardless of where you work within the company, you’ll be helping provide protection and peace of mind when our customers need it most.
Basic Purpose and Objective of the Position - Stated Briefly:
This position is part of the Reinsurance Cession accounting team. The team member will be involved in almost all product lines (credit, ancillary, VSC, GAP, etc). The team member will be responsible for month-end close reporting and analysis, investment analysis, and will be a point of contact for both internal and external parties. The team member will be relied upon heavily to research questions, analyze business, work with auditors, and support the cession manager, The team member must be comfortable accepting accountability for his/her own work, and must have excellent communication skills and analytical abilities. The team member must have advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Partner with the internal distribution team, external agents, dealers, and all levels of management to research, analyze, and explain individual reinsurance company performance.
- Complete complex Excel worksheets to calculate month end journal entries and book associated month-end journals for reinsurance companies.
- Analyze any monthly variances.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for reinsurance companies.
- Complete year end reinsurance reporting.
- Work closely with the auditors to provide requested information for reinsurance companies and answer questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting degree, or equivalent, and 2 to 4 years of experience required.
- Candidate must be a team player.
- Candidate must have excellent computer software skills and must be especially knowledgeable regarding Excel.
- Prior working knowledge of insurance/reinsurance and accounting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork: most possess strong working knowledge of computer systems.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Some insurance knowledge is desired.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Protective’s targeted salary range for this position is $49,000 to $70,000. Actual salaries may vary depending on factors, including but not limited to, job location, skills, and experience. The range listed is just one component of Protective’s total compensation package for employees.
This position also offers additional incentive opportunities [through an annual incentive based on individual and Company performance] OR [through cash compensation as part of a sales incentive plan (SIP).
We aim to protect our employees’ wellbeing through a broad benefits offering. For example, we protect physical wellbeing through health, dental and vision insurance. We protect mental wellbeing through mental health benefits and an employee assistance program. We protect time away from work with a variety of paid time away benefits (e.g., paid time off, paid parental leave, short-term disability, and a cultural observance day). We protect financial wellbeing through contributions to healthcare accounts, a pension plan, and a 401(k) plan with Company matching. All employees are encouraged to protect their overall wellbeing by engaging in ProHealth Rewards, Protective’s platform to improve wellbeing while earning cash rewards.
Eligibility for certain benefits may vary by position in accordance with the terms of the Company’s benefit plans.