Softheon helps make healthcare more affordable, accessible, and plentiful. Softheon builds software and automation solutions for health insurers and government health agencies. Help shape the future of health tech while working from home with incredible benefits that reflect our commitment to expanding access to quality insurance. Work for a fast-growing, established, and profitable company where you can power what’s next in healthcare.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation’s first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon’s vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by over 100 health insurance carriers and having processed over 30 million enrollments since the Affordable Care Act’s inception. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, and ACAP.
About the role
As a Software Engineer on the Platform team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software tools and systems using .NET technologies, including C# and Angular. You will work closely with other software engineers, Product, QA, and DevOps teams to ensure the smooth operation of our software development lifecycle and to maintain the highest standards of quality, reliability, and security for our products.
- Mentor junior engineers, promoting skill growth, teamwork, and a positive work environment.
- Design and develop software features and enhancements for various Platform products using C#, Angular, and other .NET technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, develop technical specifications, and implement innovative solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated deployment scripts, configuration files, and templates for various environments and platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to system functionality, performance, and deployment.
- Continuously improve processes and tools to enhance the efficiency, reliability, and security of our software development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for various Platform products, including user guides, developer documentation, release notes, and UML diagrams.
- Participate in code reviews, architecture reviews, and other team activities to ensure best practices and high-quality code.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, new technologies, and software development best practices.
- Demonstrate autonomy in decision-making and problem-solving throughout the development process.
- Architect robust and scalable solutions to address complex technical challenges.
- Anticipate potential issues and proactively implement preventative measures to ensure application stability and functionality.
- Take ownership of projects, to enhance both technical and functional aspects of the product and ensure alignment with business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional hands-on programming experience.
- Proficiency in C# and Angular, with experience in the .NET technology stack.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and related tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or Travis CI).
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenShift).
- Strong understanding of version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN, or Mercurial).
- Ability to design and optimize solutions for large-scale, complex problems.
- Understanding of secure coding practices and security frameworks, standards, and compliance.
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Work from your home company with a one-time home office stipend;
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents;
- Additional benefits, including a monthly wellness stipend and internet stipend, 401K w/ a match; immediately vested, employee assistance program, disability insurance, and parental leave;
- 15 days to unlimited PTO based on YOS plus 9 additional holidays;
- An opportunity for you to be part of a team committed to improving healthcare access and affordability by leveraging innovative technology solutions;
At Softheon, we embrace and celebrate diversity in all its forms as an equal opportunity employer. We strongly believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We make recruitment hiring decisions based on each candidate’s experience and skills. We value your passion to make healthcare affordable, accessible, and plentiful.
Join us in our journey towards continually building a diverse and inclusive workplace, where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected, and celebrated.