Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun — one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please read on!
The Sr. People Partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the People function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The People Partner maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Act as primary liaison and advocate for respective business units.
- Consult with business leaders on a wide array of People-topics, and provide guidance as appropriate.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to people leaders (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follow up to ensure training objectives are met.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience providing support to C-level executive leadership
- Bonus points for experience with international hiring in LATAM and EMEA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- The salary range for this role is $160,000 - $175,000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
This role is eligible for remote work and you can work from anywhere in the U.S.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.