Every small business journey is different, filled with its own twists and turns. Mineral is with them every step of the way, taking the guesswork out of HR and compliance so that they’re always ready for whatever lies ahead.
Our innovative platform is a one-stop resource for small businesses, filled with everything they need to tackle even the trickiest workplace issues with confidence.
Humble brag alert: Mineral has been consistently recognized for our award-winning culture, and we’re especially proud of our 2022 Great Places to Work certification. Simply put, Mineral is a place where people want to be, which could explain why we’ve also been ranked among the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
As a company, Mineral is also made up of incredibly diverse, vibrant individuals, working together for the greater good. We’re here to help our clients build healthy, thriving organizations, and we’re looking for some like-minded people to help us do it.
As a Senior Manager, DevOps at Mineral, you will be responsible for managing the DevOps organization and bringing in expertise to innovate the tools and infrastructure to drive the next growth phase of Mineral. We believe DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering are critical for building a highly scalable, reliable, and secure SaaS platform and improving the ability to ship highly scalable SaaS platform.
The Senior Manager, DevOps brings a deep understanding of modern cloud Infrastructure, operational best practices, and experience in architecting highly reliable systems that operate at a massive scale. This role also drives changes across the services and processes to get higher level of reliability, performance, scalability, and cost efficiency.
- Lead a team of DevOps engineers with a focus on automating solutions, securing data and infrastructures, and owning all aspects of our infrastructure to achieve high availability, scalability and reliability.
- Coach the organization on SREs principles: automation, visibility improvements, self-healing, high availability/scalability, and root cause analysis.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA, and product managers throughout the development lifecycle to successfully deliver outstanding and highly available systems that range in complexity and purpose.
- Partner with product engineering to improve reliability, implement actionable monitoring framework and be part of production on-call.
- Establish the best practices to secure the data and infrastructure, and evangelize the security design and development as part of the team culture.
- Develop and implement the DevOps strategy, aligning it with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Expert in delivering Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery System.
- Proven ability in people management, strategic planning and cost optimizations.
- Collaborate with security team to implement and enforce best practices for securing infrastructure and applications.
- Implement and manage containerization technologies such as Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes for scalable and resilient deployments.
- Manage data only updates to the Mineral Platform for new features, defect fixes, and partner/client requests.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of in a DevOps role
- Expert in AWS Services, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Expert in Monitoring Tool like New Relic, Datadog, Dynatrace.
- 3+ years of experience managing the DevOps team.
- 2+ years of experience championing the DevSecOps best practices, including threat modeling, penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, security monitoring/incident response enablement, to ensure privacy and security and comply with regulations.
- Has demonstrated success developing and leading a team, including setting the direction for hiring, goal setting, coaching and development.
- Expert with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud), serverless, and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes). AWS is preferred.
- Expert in building Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation).
- Experience with API Gateway (AWS or Apigee) and configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Strong Experience in leveraging application and system metrics, log events, and wire data to analyze performance.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD principles and experience with build and release management tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or CircleCI.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A strong inclination to automate everything.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
At Mineral, our compensation philosophy and practices are aligned with our commitment to pay equity and transparency. We determine total compensation packages with an intentional analysis of a candidate’s skills, experience, qualifications, and job-related competencies, and consideration of internal equity.
In order to offer competitive, market-based pay, our pay ranges are informed by geographic location.
Geo G–(Examples: San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; Chicago, IL; Seattle, WA): $176,400 - $205,800/year
Geo E–(Examples: Portland, OR; Austin, TX; Charlotte, NC; Denver, CO): $155,250 - $181,125/year
Geo M–(Examples: Milwaukee, WI; Orlando, FL; Nashville, TN; San Antonio, TX): $141,120 - $164,640/year
We believe that meaningful total compensation also includes competitive benefits offerings that support the well-being of every Mineralist. In addition to the hiring range, this position is eligible for annual corporate bonus and our benefits offerings.
Benefits and Perks
Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Coverage
401k + Company Match
Flexible Vacation + Paid Sick Time + Company Holidays
Corporate Bonus Program
Paid Family Leave
Lifestyle Spending Account
Other market competitive perks and benefits