This role is at the heart of managing our relationships and business with distributed sample labels. It represents a new tone we want to set in the industry as we reintroduce how we partner with the community at large.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a producers playground, delivering music creators the tools they need to bring their ideas to life. With a massive, industry-leading catalog of licensed samples, paired with powerful AI, and access to affordable plugins and DAWS, Splice kicks sound discovery, inspiration, and creative output into overdrive.
HOW WE WORK:
At Splice, DISCO is a rallying cry for collaboration, accountability and unity within our organization; Direct, Inclusive, Splice Together, Creator Centric and Optimistic. Our shared success depends on our ability to support one another, work well together and communicate directly. By embracing flexibility and a unified approach, we can navigate anything that’s thrown at us.
Splice embraces a culture of remote work. You’ll see your colleagues showing up from across the US and the UK. In order to keep us working well as a team, we have regular communication, including Town Halls, departmental All Hands and get-togethers.
When you join Splice, you join a network of colleagues, peers, and collaborators. Are you ready?
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and execute a strategy for maintaining and growing Splice’s relationships with over 60 distributed labels, including best practices for managing relationships and evaluating new providers
- Manage an internal team
- Manage and negotiate contracts
- Conduct and report on bi-annual label NPS surveys
- Regularly meet w/ high priority labels
- Create improvements for external partners and advocate for their success internally
- You’re a credible, self-aware, action-oriented manager
- A Splice representative at all times: maintaining composure, a customer service mentality and creator advocacy
- You have experience working with independent businesses and artists
- You’re able to walk ambiguous lines gracefully, and work within business constraints
- You are able to find creative solutions that foster good relationships
- Conflict and tough conversations roll off your back and don’t ruin your day
- Able to bubble up information to leadership at the right altitude
NICE TO HAVES:
- Prior knowledge of or experience within the creator economy
- Experience working collaboratively with Product, Legal, Financial and Marketing functions
- Experience working at a high-growth tech company