Happy vets make for happy pets.
Roo is on a mission to create a world of increased opportunity, professional empowerment, and improved animal care for animal hospitals and veterinarian professionals. By connecting hospitals in need with professionals with a new groundbreaking platform, our goal is to optimize hospital talent staffing and improve quality of life for veterinarians, all while giving pets a chance to have access to safe, high-quality care.
Over the next decade, Roo will unlock millions in economic opportunities, improve quality of life for tens of thousands of veterinarians, and facilitate millions of hours of pet care. We’ve been growing tremendously since launching in early 2019 and now seeing even more traction as we scale up fast.
What We Do
Roo (www.roo.vet) has created the first B2B labor marketplace in animal healthcare that connects veterinary professionals with hospitals through innovative technology, with opportunities to expand and offer more opportunities for both our demand & supply of users.
Our dynamic platform enables hospitals to fulfill personnel needs in real time, while allowing high-quality veterinary professionals to secure work at the click of a button. Beyond the platform, Roo represents a growing opportunity to help hospitals meet all-things staffing, and a growing community of resilient vet industry professionals who value flexibility and work-life balance, in addition to providing the best possible outcomes for clients and their pets.
Our aim is to combine experienced healthcare expertise with Silicon Valley talent to shake up this industry and change the way veterinarians and hospitals work!
About the Role
At Roo, the Growth team works alongside the Director of Growth to define the objectives of our company initiatives and ensure we are able to measure their impact. The team has 4 major goals:
1. Prototyping new data-driven workflows designed to unlock growth.
2. Helping teams/initiatives/projects define and dashboard their North Star.
3. Helping teams/initiatives/projects run trusted experiments that attempt to improve a Roo Equation metric.
4. Helping teams identify interesting trends and perform deep dive analysis.
We are data driven and focus on a first principles approach. The team is involved in the full lifecycle of major product initiatives: leveraging data to identify opportunities, co-leading initiatives, investigating and sizing them, facilitating measurement of the impact of our efforts and developing/maintaining dashboards to report on our progress.
This role reports directly to the Head of Growth and while the role will operate on a remote basis, you will be required to occasionally be onsite in our San Francisco coworking space for meetings and team events.
- Partner with the Head of Product and Initiative Leads to set and monitor objectives and core metrics for all product initiatives.
- Develop and maintain dashboarding to help cross-functional teams and leadership monitor the progress of each independent workstream.
- Partner with the Go To Market team to identify opportunities for and measure impact creation/improvement of “levers”.
- Translate insights into a clear and effective execution direction for product teams.
- Partner with the Head of Product to investigate and size new opportunities.
- You have years of experience running ad hoc investigations on datasets using SQL, that lead to actionable insights.
- You have a deep understanding of typical marketplace metrics and ecosystem dynamics. Ideally, you’ve spent 5+ years in a product or analytics role at a fast-growing marketplace startup.
- You feel comfortable expressing relationships with mathematical equations.
- You are always looking for ways to simplify instead of further complicate.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, able to in the right situation either deeply explain or make totally accessible complex topics.
- Exceptional leadership and emotional intelligence with the ability to inspire and motivate cross functional stakeholders through influence over authority.
- You’d move mountains (or wash dishes) to drive successful outcomes.
- Passion for Roo’s mission to transform the animal health industry through innovation in order to liberate and empower animal health professionals.
$135,000 - $175,000 a year
Base salary is commensurate with experience and geographic location.
We have diverse, passionate & driven team members from a variety of backgrounds. For permanent, full time employees, we offer:
- Accelerated growth & learning potential
- Stipends for home office setup, continuing education, and monthly wellness
- Comprehensive health benefits with base medical plan covered by Roo with optional premium buy up plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Maternity/Paternity and reproductive care leave
- Gifts on your birthday & anniversary
- Opportunity for domestic travel, including for regional team building events
Overall, you would be part of a mission-driven company that will significantly empower the lives of all veterinary professionals and the health of the overall animal industry that seeks massive innovation.
We believe in diversity of experience and background, and understand that your individual experience may not check every box. We still encourage you to apply even if you are not confident in every expectation listed.
Ready to join the Roo-volution?!