As a Solution Engineering Lead, Duck Creek, you will join us in creating Duck Creek solutions that help drive Hagerty’s Insurance and Enthusiast businesses. This position resides in the Duck Creek engineering organization, which is responsible for all constructs associated with the implementation and operation of Duck Creek at Hagerty.
The role requires the candidate to fully comprehend complex business interfaces and build software solutions to solve for them on the Duck Creek platform. Solution Engineers are innovative in their approach, meticulous in their code, and organized in their processes but also adhere to standards established by the architecture teams within Hagerty.
A successful Solution Engineering Lead is a team player who collaborates with architecture and business partners to determine the best solution before building it. They have seen and used many different patterns and approaches to solving problems and are adept at using a variety of them. They give and take feedback very well, knowing the best solutions come from iteration and scrutiny. Finally, they also enjoy mentoring others, frequently guiding and collaborating with others on the team and in the organization at large. In this role the lead will be mentoring other potentially more junior team members and overseeing their deliverables.
Ready to get in the driver’s seat? Join us!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with Solution Architects to determine the best technical solution for designing an interface to external systems
- Collaborate with data source owners and data architects to devise conversion strategies for large data sets that must be moved from source to destination systems
- Collaborate with the business and project management teams to determine the schedule of delivery for various deliverables and prioritize work streams to accommodate for schedules
- Employ a variety of tools, techniques, and skill sets to solve complex problems, often acting as an escalation point for technical issues that may not have obvious solutions
- Develop high quality software deliverables to address a variety of business needs encountered during implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Duck Creek suite of products
- Act as a technical subject matter expert for software solutions required to interface with Policy, Billing, Claims, Distribution Management, and Insights
- Build shared understanding around concepts core to Hagerty across DIT and the company at large
- Create and maintain artifacts for various audiences
- Explain technical concepts to nontechnical stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with business owners and architects
- Understand product roadmaps, what’s needed now and what’s needed next so that solutions are flexible where needed to leave room for growth
- Inform technical decision making based on your knowledge of the Duck Creek Platform
- Collaborate closely with Application Architecture and Engineering
- Be a technical expert on how your interfaces are implemented
- Be opinionated on implementation decisions and tradeoffs based on your knowledge of the Duck Creek roadmap and Hagerty implementation timeline
- Ensure implementation fulfills the solution as designed
- Lead other more junior technical members of the Duck Creek Solution Engineering team
This might describe you
- You’re a talented communicator
- You meet people where they are and then build shared understanding
- Comfortable explaining technical concepts to audiences of varying level and technical skill
- Lead and contribute to discussions around solution design
- Bias towards creating visual artifacts that represent contexts, designs, and understanding
- You enjoy learning and then sharing what you’ve learned with others
- You have a breadth of experience building software and interface solutions
- Programming languages
- Patterns and anti-patterns
- You have a Fundamental knowledge of technology concepts
- API Design
- HTTP Communication
- ReST/RPC Style
- Data movement--eventing, polling, messaging
- Integration patterns and lifecycle
- You have experience being in a visible senior role and want to collaborate with others
- Familiarity of public company requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley and key regulations, if applicable.
Required Skills and Experiences
- Strong experience engineering work in the Duck Creek system space
- Experience with DCOD preferred
- DevOPs hands on experience required
- Fluent in object oriented development language
- Significant experience in script development such as batch, Powershell, NuGet, etc
- Substantial Duck Creek project implementation work with demonstrated success at
- Forming technical requirements in association with the business team
- Developing interfaces
- Working with enterprise service busses
- Working with ManuScript and Skins
- Batch process design and management
- Code deployments, automation, and devops processes
- Database management and data migration
- Extensive use of Azure for system development and deployment
- Duck Creek Certifications in Policy, Billing, and Claims a requirement. Learning gaps may be filled via DCU courses after initial hire.
Other things to note
- This position can be worked as remote position within the United States.
- Familiarity with public company requirements, including Sarbanes Oxley and key regulations, if applicable. For SOX compliant roles, responsible for designing, executing, and documenting internal controls where they have been identified as owners to prevent errors in financial reporting, processes, and business operations. Including attestation to the completeness, accuracy, and compliance of all financial reporting data, where applicable.
Say hello to Hagerty
Hagerty is an automotive enthusiast brand and the world’s largest membership organization for car lovers. Along with being a best-in-class provider of specialty insurance for enthusiasts, Hagerty is also home to DriveShare®, the Hagerty Drivers Foundation, Garage + Social, Hagerty Drivers Club, MotorsportReg and so much more. Committed to saving driving for future generations, each and every thing Hagerty does is dedicated to the love of the automobile.
Hagerty is a rapidly growing company that values a winning culture. We provide meaningful work for, and invest in, every single team member.
At Hagerty, we share the road. We are an inclusive automotive community where all are welcomed, valued and belong regardless of race, gender, age or car preference. We are united by our shared passion for driving, our commitment to preserve car culture for future generations and our desire to make a positive impact in the world.