Every day we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build modern cloud, mobile, and edge applications that deliver a premium user experience. Couchbase delivers unmatched performance, scalability, flexibility and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, mobile and edge deployments. The database market is undergoing a generational shift and is one of the largest market opportunities in enterprise software due to big trends like the need for digital transformation, acceleration to the cloud and innovation at the edge. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
We are looking for a Solution Engineer to support the rapidly growing Couchbase user community and help drive customer success.
Our Solution (Pre-Sales) Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical components of a sales engagement. This includes explaining Couchbase advantages and differentiators, and how our Couchbase solutions stack meets these customer challenges, all while getting customers excited about using this new approach for delivering consistent business value.
This specific position focuses on assisting customers who interact with our technology via application code and the application development process. This development centric position requires experience in presales, software development experience as well as time developing business solutions.
Experience with one or more Enterprise Programming Languages and Solution Development methodologies.
Location: This position will be a remote role with a preference for candidates based in the Mid-West region.
- Operate in a consultative process with customers and prospects to define their challenges and opportunities. Map these challenges to the Couchbase Ecosystem by presenting differentiating and sustainable business value.
- Educate and become a trusted advisor and challenge assumptions and current status while delivering value to the prospects and customers.
- Present art of the possible and think outside the box approaches and solutions.
- Support technical and business discovery activities including workshops, demonstrations, across multiple opportunities
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing and new accounts. Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Develop and deliver exceptional and engaging company/product presentations and demonstrations. Work with all technical levels from managers, to architects and developers and explain the Couchbase Ecosystem and its applicability to business objectives and business value
- Be the technical product expert and advisor for customers and stay up-to-date on the data solutions competitive landscape
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices and industry standards.
- 5+ years in a Pre-Sales/Customer-Facing/Consulting Role
- 2+ years of experience in software development or related industries
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely to customers or potential customers all the way from development roles to the C-Suite
- Passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer challenges
- Experienced in at least one of the major cloud services providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experienced in designing solutions on at least one major database platform including data modeling, indexes and query optimization.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Containers etc)
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases or other distributed high-performance systems
- Experience with database platform development is a plus.
- Hands on experience with development of large scale cloud servers (and/or distributed systems).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is listed below. Base salary is not the only component of our competitive total rewards package - you may also be eligible for bonus, commissions, equity, and other benefits as described below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location.
Base Pay Range
Modern customer experiences need a flexible cloud database platform that can power applications spanning from cloud to edge and everything in between. Couchbase’s mission is to simplify how developers and architects develop, deploy and consume modern applications wherever they are. We have reimagined the database with our fast, flexible and affordable cloud database platform Capella, allowing organizations to quickly build applications that deliver premium experiences to their customers– all with best-in-class price performance. More than 30% of the Fortune 100 trust Couchbase to power their modern applications and build innovative new ones. See our recent awards to learn why Couchbase is a great place to work.We are honored to be a part of the Best Places to Work Award for the Bay Area and the UK. Couchbase offers a total rewards approach to benefits that recognizes the value you create here, so that you in turn may best serve yourself and your family. Some benefits include:
- Generous Time Off Program - Flexibility to care for you and your family
- Wellness Benefits - A variety of world class medical plans to choose from, along with dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs*
- Financial Planning - RSU equity program*, ESPP program*, Retirement program* and Business Travel Insurance
- Career Growth - Be valued, Create value approach
- Fun Perks - A Monthly Lifestyle Spending Account credit, an ergonomic and comfortable in-office / WFH setup. Food & Snacks for in-office employees.
- And much more!