ABOUT THE COMPANY
A leader in online education, Continued is composed of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated, and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace, ranked #100 in Fortune’s 2022 Best Small & Medium Workplaces for Millennials, ranked #86 in Fortune’s 2021 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the US and ranked #13 in Fortune’s 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Women by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
We celebrate diverse voices within our organization and in the professions we serve, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our team members feel empowered and supported in their careers. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious creed, disability status, veteran status or age. We are also committed to paying our team members at fair rates based on their skills and experience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Though we are virtual and scattered across the country, we communicate frequently, have a tight-knit team, and support each other across roles and projects. We are driven by endless curiosity, a love of learning, and a desire to solve problems.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Product Manager will be a member of the Product Management Team responsible for researching, designing, and working cross-functionally to implement our next-generation platform. The Product Manager will work across the company with key business stakeholders soliciting, analyzing, and creating business requirements; participating in the prioritizing of needs and work sequence; working with UX on system design; interfacing with customers and customer data to understand future product needs; and collaborating closely with development teams to implement platform changes and enhancements. This is a key role, working closely with two other product managers, to drive the design, creation, and long-term business success of this new platform.
- Full-time W2 position, work core U.S. business hours in your time zone
- Ability to fulfill the job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook, internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings
- We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group health insurance, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, accident insurance, and more
- We offer 21 days of flexible paid time off per year (increases with tenure) as well as your birthday and holidays (you may substitute any of the standard holidays for another public holiday such as bank/school or other regional or religious holidays)
- We offer a 401k match, professional development, charitable gift matching, robust wellness programs, and more
- Own activities and projects around product research, planning, estimating, problem resolution and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Drive the solutioning of product needs and enhancements based on business and customer requirements, in partnership with the other Product Managers, the Engineering team, and the UX team.
- Determine business and functional requirements with key subject matter experts (SMEs) and external stakeholders such as prospects and customers.
- Produce and maintain project deliverables such as user stories and detailed specifications.
- Lead the prioritization of features in support of product roadmaps and stakeholder needs for your particular product area, and in coordination across all platform product managers.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing as needed.
- Participate in gathering and analyzing data on metrics such as feature usage, trends, adoption rates, product quality, team productivity, and more.
- Support the Data team’s charter to centralize key business data and provide metrics and data analytics to various teams throughout the company.
- Communicate with team members to research problems and find solutions.
- Interface with QA and Customer Success teams to understand and solution for internal stakeholder and external users’ needs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in a software Product Manager role or a role with similar responsibilities.
- Experience working within Agile software development teams.
- Proficient in Google Suite and Atlassian products related software development tools
- Experience owning a full product lifecycle, particularly the product roadmap and the stakeholder inputs, prioritization, and sharing of that roadmap; creation of user stories and related items; working with development to create and launch; and management of success criteria post-launch.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to build relationships and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines and follow instructions.
- Ability to self-manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience creating detailed documentation and giving presentations.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize competing deliverables on business needs and requirements.
- Innovative problem-solver with strong quantitative and analytical skills with desire to impact the business through data.
- Experience with data analysis tools and developing key metrics for business units.
- Experience with data warehouse, analysis, and visualization solutions such as Snowflake and Domo.
- Experience running software development meetings and ceremonies.
To apply, please submit a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, we’d love to hear about 1) why you would make a great addition to our team; and 2) a project achievement you are particularly proud of and why AND/OR something you’ve learned recently, etc.