Who we are:
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do:
The Licensing Analyst performs a critical analytical/Knowledge component as part of a high-level project delivery team. You will be part of a team that will execute contract optimization client engagements.
You will be responsible for creating spreadsheet-based analysis and conceptual models to provide clients with logical scenarios and conclusions in client engagements, delivering practical licensing expertise to within the context of the client’s unique circumstances.
What you’ll need:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a relevant role e.g. as a SAM consultant or within a procurement team or for a reseller
- Experience in licensing, pricing, and contracting policies for one or more major software vendors
- An understanding of developments and issues with software licensing with the objective of delivering innovative, impactful, fact-based guidance and recommendations
- An ability to analyze large volumes of data and produce logical conclusions.
- Use of lateral thinking to solve problems in which inconclusive evidence and assumptions exist.
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide and receive constructive/ corrective action when needed.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the ability to assist in the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems.
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
Who you are:
- Comfortable taking direction and building trust-based, value-added relationships with team members and senior executives.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we’re proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.