Great Purpose. Great People. Great Opportunities.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best.
We also ignite career breakthroughs, with the majority of our positions being fully remote opportunities that offer you what you’re really looking for: flexible work arrangements, interesting and meaningful job responsibilities, career growth, and a supportive team.
Imagine Your Impact .
Build. Lead. Transform – be part of a leading educational technology company! You can make a difference while building the best digital curriculum capabilities and resources to benefit teachers, administrators, parents, and students with innovative, potential-maximizing technologies – Join Us!
Imagine Learning seeks an experienced Software Engineering Manager, to lead our development teams, contribute towards a functional strategy, and make improvements of processes, systems, and systems. As a Software Engineering Manager of the Product and Enterprise Operations team, you will spend your days leading a squad, guiding the team in everything from talent development to delivering stable and secure software applications that meet the business product needs. You’ll work closely with leadership to align business strategies with technology strategies to deliver reliable, effective, and efficient solutions and reporting.
Position Type: This is a regular, full-time position.
- Compensation: Base pay is anticipated to be between $124,317 and $170,000 per year. Eligible employees may also receive incentive/commission/annual bonus pay based on individual and/or company performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as, but not limited to, individual skills, experience, training, education/certifications, geographic location, internal equity, and local market conditions.
- Location: In this US-based position your location will be remote.
Envision Your Experience .
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Sphere of Influence: Squad (1-8 people) and Product.
- Manage and mentor members of one or more Agile development teams.
- Drive teams to be successful in delivering on their sprint commitments.
- Champion internal approved standards and processes in areas that include development frameworks and tools, design patterns, source code, test, and security standards, as well as discovery, design and documentation expectations.
- Collaborate across teams and functions on larger initiatives or for identified dependency needs.
- Lead development of highly available, enterprise web applications leveraging modern frameworks and design patterns.
- Develop strategic program plan, roadmaps, and estimations, including forecasting capital investments and projects.
- Review product requirements and translate to technical specifications.
- Convert corporate goals into employee goals; oversee managerial employee performance (Performance Improvement Plan)
- Identify and implement efficiencies for process improvement.
- Other duties as required.
Share Your Expertise .
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in this role, include:
- 4 + years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 3 years with a master’s degree; or a Ph.D. without experience.
- Must have hands-on coding experience. Percentage of coding done by this role: 15% (mostly coaching and reviewing code)
- Must have 4 years as Senior Software Engineer; 1 + year of people management.
- Proficient in SQL, no-SQL, and in-memory databases including Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred.
- Ability to think critically and strategically and to collaborate effectively at all levels.
- Recommends hiring, termination, promotion, performance, and rewards for direct reports.
- Must have experience developing strategic program plan, roadmaps, and estimations, including forecasting capital investments and projects.
- Manage technologies policies, processes, and standards to ensure consistent operations, safeguard of systems and data, and monitor compliance.
- Drive for continuous improvement across architecture, engineering, and quality.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Ignite Your Career .
Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
We offer a flexible workplace, with the majority of employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home within the US. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
Imagine Learning provides a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including 2 floating holidays and a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fertility benefits
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Life and short and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax savings plans
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- A wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. Imagine Learning will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by law.