Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, large and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, and generate social engagements that develop interactions with their target audiences.
We are looking for an experienced team leader to manage a team of 6-8 engineers responsible for development and maintenance of BW’s internal applications, including Press Release Editorial applications, billing/invoicing systems as well as the news distribution platform. The team leads a series of projects to fully modernize BW’s system architecture, which involves a complete redesign of legacy application architecture and transition to a modern cloud based technology stack, new database platform, development of new REST APIs and optimization of the systems to ensure their long term operational reliability and performance.
- Lead a team of passionate software engineers that value ownership, action and impact
- Develop a culture of engineering excellence and operational efficiency
- Grow, educate, and retain an effective team in an agile environment
- Ensure your team ships products consistently at high quality and velocity
- Possess excellent situational awareness by participating in design and hands-on development activities
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and reviews, provide technical leadership to the engineers, and be accountable for the technical decisions made on the team
- Partner closely with individual contributors, and cross-functional leaders to help plan and lead the team’s projects
At this time, Business Wire will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
What We Offer
- The base salary range for this position is $180K to $230K. Offered salary will be determined
- by several factors, including but not limited to: applicant’s education, experience,
- knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with geographic
- market data. Business Wire reserves the right to modify this salary range at any time.
- Business Wire’s total rewards include:
- Ability to work remotely
- Excellent health benefits that begin on your first day of employment
- $100 monthly fitness allotment, a tuition reimbursement program, and enhanced mental
- health resources 401(k) plan with generous company match, and annual profit sharing contribution (subject to company performance)
- PTO, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day Off, Birthday Day Off, and more!
A pre-employment background check will be required after the acceptance of an offer. Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.