The Helper Bees (THB) was created to fill an obvious need in an underserved community. Inspired by love and brought to reality through passion and determination, The Helper Bees was founded to empower older adult citizens and their families in their search for quality, affordable in-home care providers. We do this by providing older adults the ability to easily review, choose, and access affordable quality in-home helpers.
The Helper Bee’s mission is to help people stay home longer through data-driven services that transform both the payer and the care-recipient experience.
As a Software Engineer (.NET), you will be working with our growing team to continually improve our tools and processes. We maintain multiple SaaS products through our web applications(internal and external facing), a mobile app, and reporting integrations. At The Helper Bee’s, you will iterate quickly, have high impact, and be challenged to design innovative solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead in the implementation and maintenance of The Helper Bee’s .NET codebases
- Dig in to understand complex problems, interact with stakeholders, and have tradeoff discussions to quickly iterate through solutions
- Collaborate with an external development team
- Produce quality, testable, and maintainable code
- Perform code reviews, conduct unit testing, and participate in integration testing to ensure the quality, reliability, and security of the developed software.
- Quickly isolate and debug complex issues within code
- Utilize Microsoft Azure services and features to deploy, monitor, and scale web applications, ensuring high availability and optimal performance.
- Assist in refining and improving our development processes: deployment, on-call systems, sprint planning, etc…
What you’ll need:
10+ years of experience with the following:
- .Net Framework
- Entity Framework
- Azure DevOps
- An understanding of best software development practices, patterns, and architecture
Bonus points if you have experience with:
Who you are:
- You enjoy collaborating and are not afraid to ask for/give help
- You are proactive, self-directed, and organized
- You thrive in working in a fast pace start-up environment
- Change doesn’t scare you, in fact, it does the opposite -- it fuels you!
Perks of being a Bee:
- Option to work remotely
- Open unlimited PTO
- 10 paid company holidays
- It’s your birthday - take the day off!
- Paid parental leave
- Dog friendly office
- Bi-weekly company hosted lunches and happy hours to connect with your coworkers
The Helper Bees is committed to building a workplace where diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued and prioritized. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, martial status, veteran status, disability status, or any non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
The Helper Bees provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the job application and interview process. To request an accommodation, please let your recruiter know.
The Helper Bees was recently made aware of a fraudulent entity posing as our organization and requesting personal information. Please be aware of and protect yourself from scams. Visit thehelperbees.com/careers to view all current job openings.
$120,000 - $150,000 Depending on experience level