Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready!
The Software Engineer is responsible for coding, testing, and implementing products for Accruent’s Maintenance Connection Enterprise Asset Management software suite. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates, reviewing technical requirements, and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to sophisticated problems, Accruent may be a fit for you!
This role will be working on/with our Maintenance Connection product within the Asset Management Services industry. Maintenance Connection’s software optimizes maintenance operations, delivering the critical insights and centralized data needed for better decision-making, lower costs, and total compliance with federal and state reporting, indirect cost audits and sustainability requirements.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain . When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Mentor entry level Software Associates on engineering and company best practices.
- Ability to teach other non-technical customers/other team members information about the code.
- Participate in a Development team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: grit, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, humility.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with .NET Framework 3.5, MVC, Entity Framework, OData, React + Redux
- SQL-like/Relational database design and usage
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented concepts.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with REST APIs.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Experience with industry best practices and Agile development methodologies
- An appreciation for unit testing and test-driven development (TDD)
- Curiosity about new technologies & languages
- Familiarity with developing on an enterprise-level SaaS (Salesforce, ServiceNow, etc.)
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
The salary range for this position is $77,200 - $143,400. This position is also eligible for a bonus as part of the compensation package.