Jeli.io is redefining how organizations respond to, manage, and analyze incidents– moving from simply declaring an incident as fixed, to learning from incidents in order to build more resilient systems and teams. Jeli is a small, collaborative, fast-paced startup focused on moving the entire industry forward to taking a proactive approach to incidents, addressing contributing factors to incidents before they occur, and helping minimize the impact of future incidents through continuous improvement.
As a frontend software engineer at Jeli, you’ll work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to build creative and powerful solutions that solve our customers’ most important challenges.You will work with our remote-first Engineering team to build new features, advocate for new technologies and architecture, and help improve the performance and user experience of our platform. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on teams and organizations who are working hard to respond to and learn from incidents.
- You’ll own and enhance the ways our customers interact with our product by ensuring their experiences are engaging, accessible, and intuitive.
- You’ll measure and tune the performance of our frontend user experience and the systems that support it.
- You’ll help answer questions like these: How might we improve the render time of components without impacting the user experience? How might we gain deeper insights into where our customers are experiencing friction in the product? How might we improve our testing practices to increase our confidence in releases?
- You’ll help make your team successful by prioritizing work against customer needs and sharing lessons learned along the way.
- You’ll champion our cultural values by leading thoughtful, focused technical conversations with respect and empathy.
What you bring:
- Strong experience with React and GraphQL (we use Apollo).
- Familiarity with Next.js and / or Docker.
- A proven track record of writing clear, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Experience working on customer-focused product teams.
- Experience with Node.js, SQL, or RxJS is a plus.
Jeli has an inclusive and supportive culture where folks do their best work together. We believe in mentoring in all directions. We believe diverse teams are better teams. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description.