Software Engineer, Android
Remote OK -- US work authorization required.
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers, and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 40 million people worldwide.
Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems so that we can get more people outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design, build and implement new product features for the AllTrails Android app
- Coordinate tasks with your teammates and self-pilot through each sprint
- Identify and squash bugs
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Monitor performance and address scaling issues
- Demonstrable projects and results from 3+ years of developing native Android applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Significant Kotlin, Java and Android Studio experience
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Compose
- Experience with Android UI themes, styles, and attributes
- Proficient in Flow or RxJava
- Experience with SQLite and other persistence technologies
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Self-motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Curiosity, humility, and open-mindedness
- Passion about mobile technologies and AllTrails’ mission to connect people to the outdoors
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams (product, analytics, design)
- Mapping/GIS experience
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technology and processes
- Unit testing in the Android environment
- Experience working with design systems
What We Offer:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits.
- Trail Days: No meetings first Friday of each month to go test the app and explore new trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.