Vijil is a venture-funded AI software startup on a mission to help organizations build and operate intelligent agents that people can trust. We are building tools and services to enable AI developers to continuously improve the security and safety of custom large language models.
About the Role
As a software developer at Vijil, you will build upon the latest research methods in trustworthy ML and generative AI to deliver cloud services to AI developers who are customizing LLMs with enterprise-specific data. You will collaborate with applied scientists and technologists to build capabilities for testing, tuning, and deploying LLMs with security and safety. Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working closely with applied scientists, academic collaborators, and senior leaders, and prospective users to solve problems facing enterprises that want to deploy LLMs in production
- Implementing methods to detect LLM vulnerabilities to attacks such as prompt injection, PII disclosure, model evasion, jailbreaking, and model extraction.
- Implementing methods to assess LLM propensities for harm such as toxicity, unfair, and unethical behavior
- Designing and developing new techniques to reduce vulnerabilities to attack and mitigate propensities for harms
You take ownership of your customer’s problem, dive deep into root causes, invent new methods anchored in CS/AI/ML first principles to address the problem, deliver rapid results, and continuously enhance the customer’s experience. As part of a highly collaborative team, you rely on your exceptional (written and verbal) communication skills to inform and persuade. You have a strong analytical mind, you approach challenges with a problem-solving stance, and you have the grit and resilience to deal with setbacks. You find this work meaningful because you know deeply that we need to build trust into AI/ML systems from the inside-out in order to realize their transformative potential.
- 2+ years industry experience as an SDE or equivalent job
- 2+ years experience in data wrangling for model training and tuning.
- 2+ years experience with training or inference of deep learning models.
- 2+ years experience with ML frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, JAX.
- Demonstrable proficiency in programming with Python, Java, or C++ (GitHub link appreciated)
- Proven competence in software engineering practices (version control, unit testing, documentation, code review, deployment, operations, on-call rotation, customer engagement)
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with research scientists
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills (writing samples appreciated)
- Experience with building LLMs or agents.
- Familiarity with adversarial ML, LLM red-teaming, or responsible AI
- Experience working with cloud services on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Competitive base pay and equity.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Flexible time-off policy.
- Paid parental and family leave.
- Immigration sponsorship.