Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together — with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough … we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.
Are you ready to join a company with a strong purpose and a winning culture? Start your Voyage – Apply Now
Get to Know the Opportunity:
This is for the highest level technical resource focusing on highly visible, complex and critical business priorities. Forecasts and establishes plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting significant information technology components into the organization architecture. Sets direction and guides teammates through complex requirements, procedures, and processes to optimize system performance and efficiencies, balancing technical and organizational goals.
Please Note: Work location for this role is FLEXIBLE! This position allows 100% remote work from home or allows work to be performed in any of our major office locations with a hybrid schedule
The Contributions You’ll Make:
- Serves as the highest-level technical expert, resolving problems of systems integration, compatibility, performance potentially across multiple platforms; provides feasibility analysis on potential projects.
- Builds and maintains systems based on applications architectures to improve business processes and in alignment/support of critical business strategies.
- Assesses the business and organizational implications of key application technology alternatives for wide-impact initiatives to recommend appropriate strategic action.
- Facilitates continues process improvements within team.
- Determines organizational impact of software maintenance issues and develops overall strategy to address them.
- Integrates activities with business units and collaborates to ensure project costs and schedules are properly estimated and controlled.
- Identifies and defines the Programming standards to the development team
- Manage, guide, build and groom the dev resources in the team
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge & Experience:
- Eight+ years of software engineering and development, including five years in technical leadership.
- In-depth analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastically working in a collaborative setting with existing team members.
- Be able to work independently.
- Significant hands-on experience across multiple platforms/technologies including Java, JEE, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, REST/JSON, Event driven technologies, performance tuning RDBMS.
- Significant experience in large-scale integrated online RDBMSs across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Significant experience in new computing architectures and implementation of networked computing structures.
- Extensive experience in understanding and implementing industry Web Security standards including SSO, SAML, JWT, OAuth, OWASP etc.
- 2-4 years of experience with building applications in Azure.
- Good understanding of SCRUM/agile methodology.
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Financial Services Industry experience is a plus.
- Java / Spring Framework/ Spring Boot/ REST/ JSON / Open API
- Azure (preferred) or other Cloud platform
- 12 factor principles
- CI/CD – Jenkins
- Monitoring Tools
- Databases – Oracle and cloud native