A leader in online education, Continued is composed of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated, and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace, ranked #100 in Fortune’s 2022 Best Small & Medium Workplaces for Millennials, ranked #86 in Fortune’s 2021 top 100 Medium-Sized Workplaces in the US and ranked #13 in Fortune’s 2020 top 25 Small & Medium Workplaces for Women by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
We celebrate diverse voices within our organization and in the professions we serve, and we welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where our team members feel empowered and supported in their careers. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious creed, disability status, veteran status or age. We are also committed to paying our team members at fair rates based on their skills and experience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Though we are virtual and scattered across the country, we communicate frequently, have a tight-knit team, and support each other across roles and projects. We are driven by endless curiosity, a love of learning, and a desire to solve problems.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Software Business Analyst (BA) will be a member of the Product Management Team primarily supporting Product Managers, along with support and participation in projects with the Data and Engineering teams. The core responsibilities of this role are to support our current technology platform along with a multi-year transition to a next-generation platform. The BA will work with key business stakeholders soliciting, analyzing, validating, and creating business requirements along with processes and policies for this new platform.
Responsibilities also include providing coordination of activities pertaining to project research, planning, estimating, problem resolution and collaboration with key stakeholders. The BA will also support the Data team’s charter to centralize key business data and provide metrics and data analytics to various teams throughout the company.
- Full-time W2 position, work core U.S. business hours in your time zone
- Ability to fulfill the job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook, internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings
- We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision group health insurance, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, accident insurance, and more
- We offer 21 days of flexible paid time off per year (increases with tenure) as well as your birthday and holidays (you may substitute any of the standard holidays for another public holiday such as bank/school or other regional or religious holidays)
- We offer a 401k match, professional development, charitable gift matching, robust wellness programs, and more
- Support the solutioning of product needs and enhancements based on business and customer requirements, in partnership with the Product Manager, Engineering team, and UX team.
- Determine business and functional requirements with key subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Produce and maintain project deliverables such as user stories and detailed specifications
- Support initiatives around business process development.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing as needed.
- Support efforts to gather and report data on metrics such as feature usage, trends, adoption rates, product quality, team productivity, and more,
- Communicate with team members to research problems and find solutions.
- Interface with QA and Customer Success teams to help understand and solution for internal stakeholder and external users’ needs.
- Provide project and ongoing data analysis support to the Data team on an as-needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years’ experience in a software Business Analyst role
- Experience working within Agile software development teams
- Proficient in Google Suite and Atlassian products related software development tools
- Basic understanding of, and proficiency in, SQL and SQL queries
- Experience with data analysis tools and developing key metrics for business units
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to build relationships and communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent time management and organization skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines and follow instructions
- Ability to self-manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience creating detailed documentation and giving presentations
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize competing deliverables on business needs and requirements due to changing
- Innovative problem-solver with strong quantitative and analytical skills with desire to impact the business through data
- Experience with additional software development methodologies such as Kanban
- Experience with data warehouse, analysis, and visualization solutions such as Snowflake and Domo
- Experience running software development meetings and ceremonies