Uptycs builds best-in-class cloud security products that leverage lightweight tools, built on open source software, to collect everything that can help detect, understand, and mitigate a wide variety of security problems. We run on laptops and cloud workloads, monitor Kubernetes and serverless containers, analyze AWS/GCP/Azure configuration and CloudTrail events, emulate threat actor behavior in cloud, containers, network, Windows, and Linux environments - you name it! We feed it into a cloud-based security analytics platform that provides comprehensive visibility, threat detection, posture management, remediation, vulnerability management and compliance tracking. We analyze petabytes of data, process millions of events per second, and run a control plane that enables continuous scanning for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and APT malware on all major cloud providers and hundreds of thousands of macOS, Linux, and Windows endpoints.
Uptycs enables security professionals at companies such as Comcast, Flexport and Lookout (and many more we have an NDA with!) to quickly prioritize, investigate, and respond to potential threats across a company’s entire attack surface.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect large-scale distributed software systems and applications and develop high-quality software components using Software design patterns like Adapter, Singleton, Observer and Event-Based.
- Provide architectural and technical leadership to a team of high-performing engineers.
- Collaborate with senior technical leaders across engineering, infrastructure and other organizations to solve complex problems and deliver end-to-end solutions in AWS, GCP and Microsoft Azure.
- Coordinate with Product Managers and customer-facing teams to translate product requirements into high-level product specification and implementation stories.
- Create POC’s (Proof of concepts), innovate, and integrate cloud-based software in a continuous delivery environment.
- Write scalable, testable, efficient, and maintainable code to implement the design.
- Use a proactive approach to common challenges and by continually researching best practices in coding.
- Troubleshoot customer-reported problems and identify root causes.
- Support Development, QA, Ops and other cross-functional teams.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- At least five (5) years of progressively more responsible working as a software engineer.
- Experience with AWS Cloud, GCP and Microsoft Azure gained through at least three (3) years of experience.
- Programming experience using each of the following languages: NodeJs, Go Lang, and Java gained through at least two (2) years of experience.
- Experience with database modeling and design in relational and non-relational databases including SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB gained through at least two (2) years of experience.
- Experience in container technology and orchestration systems including Docker, Containers, and Kubernetes gained through at least two (2) years of experience.
- Experience with threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications gained through at least two (2) years of experience.
Uptycs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Uptycs is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.