About the job
📈 Mood is the 4th fastest growing e-commerce company in the US
We help people buy the highest quality hemp THC products online. We have 300,000+ customers, an average rating of 4.9/5, profitability, a $70m+ run rate - and we just turned 1 year old!
Our mission is to help people access safe, high-quality THC products tailored to their use case - from reducing chronic pain to having a fun night with friends.
We have a small core team with senior employees from Y Combinator backed startups, Smile Direct Club, and Warby Parker.
It’s not our first rodeo (David’s from Texas after all 🤠) - our founders have built and scaled multi-million D2C companies and held key roles at leading startups. We care deeply about creating great products, hiring a world-class team and creating the environment to do our best work.
With proven product-market fit, we are hiring to help us break the $100m mark and build a generation-defining e-commerce company.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Manage social media platforms and communities for Mood’s brand, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and X.
- Editorialize the brand daily through the lens of popular culture and brand purpose to spot, sell and realize opportunities to lead or participate in reactive and zeitgeist conversations.
- Build and proactively manage a positive social media community and flagging opportunities for engagement, as well as any issues to relevant teams to help manage and mitigate risk.
- Answer consumer queries and react to posts through inbound channels like social media on a daily basis. Collaborate with customer success as needed to support consumer issues.
- Own social content development from planning to scheduling, including proactive briefing and forecast of needs to Creative team for resourcing
- Manage brand ambassadors and influencers, including finding, contracting, briefing, approving content.
- Deliver a content calendar that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods and channels will work for each sub-section of the target audience.
- Develop a robust KPI setting, tracking & measurement process for all activities. Conducting on-going tests to gauge content effectiveness and perform regular analysis to optimize in real time.
Skills, Experience And Requirements
We’re looking for someone who acts as a self-starter with a can-do approach and a high level of responsibility to identify needs and opportunities with a willingness to jump in to help achieve resolution, both in role as well as across Marketing holistically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in social media management with a proven track record of results
- Expertise in social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram and X as well as social media management tools
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging social media content, videos, campaigns, and promotions that drive brand awareness, engagement, and growth
- Experience with Canva
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in analyzing and reporting social media data and insights to inform social media strategy and optimization
- Experience in growing influencer marketing and community engagement
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and project management skills
- A proven track record of growing engagement, sales and brand awareness through social channels
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is $50,000 per year.
And we have a great benefits package:
- Paid vacation
- Pension / 401(k) contributions
- Learning budget of $1000/year + $30/month for books
- Health, dental and vision insurance (US)
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work across EU/US timezones
- Team offsites
- Co-working budget
- Apple laptop
We respond within 4 business days. A few short interviews followed by a day of real paid work.
📜 Apply — send in a short paragraph and your CV
📞 Meet the hiring manager - 15 minute call to hear your motivations and answer your questions
💻 Work history interview - 45 minute project discussion
🤝 Culture interview - 45 minutes for us to understand how you work best
👩💻 Day of paid work — work a real problem and get to know what working at Mood is like
🎉 Offer — if it’s a yes, we make you an offer!